Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information Nottingham Pre Gig

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Pre-gig parties & meet ups   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Arch
Special

Post subject: Nottingham Pre Gig Reply with quote

Just want to say thanks to 3 Minute Hero for sorting out the pre/post gig and for inviting The Ska Masters to be part of it. From our point of view playing to such enthusiastic crowd is what it's all about. Very Happy Very Happy A wonderful experience for us.

Mark you did a great job mate and well done to all the forum members who turned up before and in great numbers afterwards too. DJ Mark Wilson was excellent too. Looking forward to Cardiff next but this one will be very hard to beat... in fact short of Halle Berry calling to ask if she can come with me I'd say it impossible!

Very Happy Very Happy
Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:11 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
ketteringphil
Special

Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done to all involved,a resounding success .
Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:19 pm
Indianna
Ska Face
Ska Face

I couldn't agree more. An excellent pre-and post-gig by 3MH. It was great to catch up with many forum members and Arch and the band were in great form. Well done to all involved. Cool
PostPosted:
Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:37 pm

Must have been a cracker, sounds like it anyway - well done 3MH and gang
PostPosted:
Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:43 pm
Top of Page
3-minute-hero
Ska Face
Ska Face

Thank you for your kind comments,and feedback,it really makes it worth all the effort.This pre gig was just my way of seeing The Ska Masters again,and bringing them back to Nottingham so you could see them again , they do get better every gig Very Happy
I had a speech sorted in my head and when Arch handed me the mike I was so into their set that I just wanted more....
What I meant to say was-
Thank you all for coming,thank you to the DJ Mark Wilson and all The Ska Masters for taking the day off work and providing such great entertainment.Thank you to all the people that have helped-like providing maps and info about the location of the Venue,printing and giving out flyers, everyone who turned up and danced adding to the atmosphere,thank you to all previous members who organised the first pre gigs and made it a tradition.But thank you to The Specials for being the best band in the world,if this band had never formed and then reformed well yesterday would have never happened,and we would have never met each other. Sad
I said never again after this one ...but all the feedback I have had well i'd do it all again tomorrow. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:05 pm
twotonetess
Gangster
Gangster

Great pre- gig ,Skamasters superb , Dj playing some great tunes , getting everybody in the mood for another fantastic Specials gig !!!!
Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:48 pm
echo 4.2
Stereotype

thanks to 3 minute hero for trying to get my 16 year old son in the aftergig the bouncers wouldn't let him in. sounds like we missed a top night .hope to see you soon. next stop Coventry .
Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:54 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
3-minute-hero
Ska Face
Ska Face

echo 4.2 wrote:
thanks to 3 minute hero for trying to get my 16 year old son in the aftergig the bouncers wouldn't let him in. sounds like we missed a top night .hope to see you soon. next stop Coventry .

Sorry about that mate- come and say Hello in Cov!!!
Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:51 pm

Well done Mark. I spent the whole of Friday sat at work jealous as fuck that you were all going to be having a great time.

It's knackering and stressful putting this stuff on for people, but when they arrive and dance and you look about the room and see people smiling and enjoying themselves you get all the payback you could possibly ask for.

Good work, man!
PostPosted:
Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:58 am
Top of Page
3-minute-hero
Ska Face
Ska Face

Nanker Phelge wrote:
Well done Mark. I spent the whole of Friday sat at work jealous as fuck that you were all going to be having a great time.

It's knackering and stressful putting this stuff on for people, but when they arrive and dance and you look about the room and see people smiling and enjoying themselves you get all the payback you could possibly ask for.

Good work, man!

Thanks Nanker- Thank you for your flyers as they were posted in every pub in Nottingham,you really saved the day. Very Happy
Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:51 am

3-minute-hero wrote:
Nanker Phelge wrote:

Good work, man!

Thanks Nanker- Thank you for your flyers as they were posted in every pub in Nottingham,you really saved the day. Very Happy

Anytime mate. Takes a lot of work by a lot of people to pull this shit off.
PostPosted:
Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:06 pm
Top of Page
Caragh
Special

Loved it from start to finish and was a pleasure walking to the arena with you Mark.

To all involved your contributions were spot on - the music for the whole event was awesome.

To those who turned up and there were lots - fab to see you and share a dancefloor.

....and to Mark and those who helped him - you deserve a medal, you did us all proud Very Happy Cool
PostPosted:
Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:18 pm
dadski
Ska Face
Ska Face

Here Here Cheers Mark for a good night, nice meeting you too.
Good night seeing Roddy, question, who where the 3 blokes who came with him to the after do?, who was the bloke with all the badges??
Thanks once again Mark.
PostPosted:
Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:43 pm
bodthemod
Rudie
Rudie

Post subject: Notts pre gig Reply with quote

Yes really good night, thanks to 3 minute hero for sorting the it all out. Had some non forum members with me and they had a wicked night Very Happy
Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:16 pm
Lincoln Hornet
Ska Face
Ska Face

Top man Mark for organising another great Notts Pre gig. All of us from Lincoln had a brilliant time, just a shame I didn't get the chance to say hello to a few more from the site and this is the second time I haven't made it back to the post gig. Did many people get back after?
Specials on top form as usual and although I was worried about the lack of atmosphere in the arena I thought it was brilliant and the sound was spot on. Only downer was ruinin a fookin good pair of shoes in the mosh pit, never mind you can't win em all I suppose. Roll on the next one, if there is one!!
PostPosted:
Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:36 pm
Caragh
Special

dadski wrote:
Here Here Cheers Mark for a good night, nice meeting you too.
Good night seeing Roddy, question, who where the 3 blokes who came with him to the after do?, who was the bloke with all the badges??
Thanks once again Mark.

Don't know for sure as I didn't see them arrive, I came in about 10mins later but he had Sean (his manager) with him and Seamus - who was DJing.
PostPosted:
Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:02 pm
3-minute-hero
Ska Face
Ska Face

We got another 110 in afterwards,so it was really good.The 3 with Roddy were his manager,his DJ and Roodbouy from the Forum (he had all the badges on!!!)
Great meeting all of you,gonna look out for you all in Cov or Ally Pally. Very Happy
Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:13 pm