Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information Coventry Before & After Gig

Post new topic Reply to topic
TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Pre-gig parties & meet ups  Goto page Previous  1, 2 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Lorraine Wakelin
Stereotype


Joined: 05 May 2009
Posts: 39

Post subject: Reply with quote

The disco at The Gas Club will be starting at 5 but it is open all day. You don't have to be a member you just need to drink the beer! For all of you that may be hungry there is a Cafe/Takeaway next door called Sugar and Spice, they do stuff like chips, kebabs, indian food etc - all good stuff! The club is literally a 5 minute walk to The Ricoh but is about 3 miles from the City Centre, will probably cost around £8 from the town in a taxi or £1.60 on the number 20 bus. There is a Taxi rank in Tesco (the Ricoh) for when you want to go home. See you there! Cool
PostPosted:
Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:35 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Danbert
Gangster
Gangster


Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Posts: 308
Location: Manchester

Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorraine Wakelin wrote:
The disco at The Gas Club will be starting at 5 but it is open all day. You don't have to be a member you just need to drink the beer! For all of you that may be hungry there is a Cafe/Takeaway next door called Sugar and Spice, they do stuff like chips, kebabs, indian food etc - all good stuff! The club is literally a 5 minute walk to The Ricoh but is about 3 miles from the City Centre, will probably cost around £8 from the town in a taxi or £1.60 on the number 20 bus. There is a Taxi rank in Tesco (the Ricoh) for when you want to go home. See you there! Cool


Thanks Lorraine Cool
_________________
Give us 50p's worth of fuckin' chips then
PostPosted:
Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:38 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
edska67
Stereotype


Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 23
Location: Coventry

Post subject: Coventry pre/post gig Reply with quote

Well done Lorraine and Gaz for arranging this again, see you there Saturday. All the Foleshill Rude Boys (just about recovered from Hamburg).
PostPosted:
Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:15 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
sazzle
Stereotype


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 31
Location: Hartlepool

Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lorraine see you Saturday Very Happy
PostPosted:
Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:54 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Radfordred
Gangster
Gangster


Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 393
Location: Nottingham

Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorraine Wakelin wrote:
The disco at The Gas Club will be starting at 5 but it is open all day


I'm in , do you think theres any chance we will get some tunes before 5 ? Like if we turn up @ 3 ?
PostPosted:
Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:53 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
littleimp
Rudie
Rudie


Joined: 26 Oct 2011
Posts: 8
Location: United Kingdom

Post subject: Reply with quote

As the clocks go back Saturday night does that mean an extra hour in the bar or don't they take this into account?
PostPosted:
Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:18 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
CraigHudson
Special


Joined: 07 Dec 2009
Posts: 786
Location: Newcastle

Post subject: Reply with quote

They go back at 2am, which means that the extra hour is during closing time. Bastards.
_________________
F-F-F-F*CK ART, LET'S DANCE!
PostPosted:
Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Lorraine Wakelin
Stereotype


Joined: 05 May 2009
Posts: 39

Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that EdSka7 - see you there Saturday.
RadfordRed - i wouldn't go to the Gas that early 5 or 6 hours in there would be a little bit long - there is a pub up the road (heading towards town) called The Wheatsheaf it looks a littel rough but it's a proper drinkers pub with a good jukebox and pool tables and it's about 2 minutes from The Gas. (If you're drinking that early will you make it to the concert???)
Sazzle - it will be nice to meet up with you again and have a good drink!
LittleImp - The honest answer to the extra hours drinking is - I don't know but they don't kick you out as soon as the bell goes!

See you all tomorrow!
PostPosted:
Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:52 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
echo 4.2
Stereotype


Joined: 15 Nov 2009
Posts: 42
Location: sheffeild o2 acamedy

Post subject: Reply with quote

we will pop in for a few pints and a kebab see you sat.
_________________
this is skaville u.k.
PostPosted:
Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:40 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Ska Fox
Stereotype


Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 24
Location: Atherstone

Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to having a decent pint or two of bitter hopefuly and hopefuly a bit of skanking. Heard the ricoh is a rip off for drinks.
PostPosted:
Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:48 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Stevo
Too Hot


Joined: 07 Mar 2005
Posts: 1849
Location: Coventry

Post subject: Reply with quote

CraigHudson wrote:
They go back at 2am, which means that the extra hour is during closing time. Bastards.


We're actually quite up with the times in Coventry & have discovered this new law called 24 hour drinking. Most Clubs in Cov have licenses till 3 a.m. Wink
_________________
Kifaru; Roots, Rockers, Reggae.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kifaru-Roots-Rockers-Reggae/353161905852

www.kifaru.co.uk

http://www.myspace.com/kifarureggae
PostPosted:
Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:18 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
CraigHudson
Special


Joined: 07 Dec 2009
Posts: 786
Location: Newcastle

Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
CraigHudson wrote:
They go back at 2am, which means that the extra hour is during closing time. Bastards.


We're actually quite up with the times in Coventry & have discovered this new law called 24 hour drinking. Most Clubs in Cov have licenses till 3 a.m. Wink


That makes a difference, then. One extra hour's drinking, to be more precise.
_________________
F-F-F-F*CK ART, LET'S DANCE!
PostPosted:
Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:25 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
kevscoot70
Rudie
Rudie


Joined: 28 Oct 2011
Posts: 1

Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the club 2 years ago when down from Edinburgh, brilliant, place was bouncing, b4 and after, go for it you wont be disappointed
PostPosted:
Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:31 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Stevo
Too Hot


Joined: 07 Mar 2005
Posts: 1849
Location: Coventry

Post subject: Reply with quote

CraigHudson wrote:
Stevo wrote:
CraigHudson wrote:
They go back at 2am, which means that the extra hour is during closing time. Bastards.


We're actually quite up with the times in Coventry & have discovered this new law called 24 hour drinking. Most Clubs in Cov have licenses till 3 a.m. Wink


That makes a difference, then. One extra hour's drinking, to be more precise.


Which is what the original poster was asking for I believe. Razz
_________________
Kifaru; Roots, Rockers, Reggae.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kifaru-Roots-Rockers-Reggae/353161905852

www.kifaru.co.uk

http://www.myspace.com/kifarureggae
PostPosted:
Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:44 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT
Post new topic Reply to topic
TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Pre-gig parties & meet ups Goto page Previous  1, 2 

Jump to:  
Key
  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Community powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group :: Theme & Graphics by Daz