Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information Brixton and Abbey road live

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Abbey Road Live Here Now/ The Specials LIVE recordings 2011   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
The Fifth Earl
Ska Face
Ska Face

Post subject: Brixton and Abbey road live Reply with quote

Just back to Ireland after Brixton gig which was quite frankly superb again.

small dark cloud and just in case anyone wants to get an abbey road recording on Thursday things were a bit shabby last night on this front.

walked in to gig, spoke to nice young man on Abbey road stall who informed me in the clearest terms that i would be handed a signed CD of the gig if I was one of the first 25 in the queue at the pick up point.

sweaty and tired post gig, waited for CD , then informed by nice man that mine was not signed as I was not one of the first 25 to order one. I told them that was not the understanding I was given when passing over my twenty quid and was told that was my problem, move on !

trying to cut a long story short (!)nice young man who told us the porkies in the first place owned up to his "mistake" and the whole tone of the conversation changed and it was apologies all round.

A bit disappointing really - so just be careful Thursday

( and sorry to go all Watchdog" on you )
PostPosted:
Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:59 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Paul Willo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear that but these odd incidents may happen- theres a lot going on and the abbey road people are working their arses off at these gigs,its not just at the end or prior to show, its all day. Sorry your evening was tainted but overall its been very successful
www.theskapones.co.uk

www.youtube.com/paulska67

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TheSpecials2Com/245413985501746

www.roddyradiation.com

PostPosted:
Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:21 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
The Fifth Earl
Ska Face
Ska Face

as I said Paul, a small dark cloud!

The gig was bloody fantastic
PostPosted:
Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:48 pm
Paul Willo
Site Admin
Site Admin

cool mate but genuinely sorry that it was tainted a bit for ya.
www.theskapones.co.uk

www.youtube.com/paulska67

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TheSpecials2Com/245413985501746

www.roddyradiation.com

PostPosted:
Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:04 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Sugarman
Too Hot

Post subject: Re: Brixton and Abbey road live Reply with quote

The Fifth Earl wrote:
Just back to Ireland after Brixton gig which was quite frankly superb again.

small dark cloud and just in case anyone wants to get an abbey road recording on Thursday things were a bit shabby last night on this front.

walked in to gig, spoke to nice young man on Abbey road stall who informed me in the clearest terms that i would be handed a signed CD of the gig if I was one of the first 25 in the queue at the pick up point.

sweaty and tired post gig, waited for CD , then informed by nice man that mine was not signed as I was not one of the first 25 to order one. I told them that was not the understanding I was given when passing over my twenty quid and was told that was my problem, move on !

trying to cut a long story short (!)nice young man who told us the porkies in the first place owned up to his "mistake" and the whole tone of the conversation changed and it was apologies all round.

A bit disappointing really - so just be careful Thursday

( and sorry to go all Watchdog" on you )

That's weird because I didn't pay for a signed CD but got one when I handed in my card after the Gig Shocked
Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:07 pm
bigwhopper
Stereotype

The deal was that the 1st 25 who purchased a voucher from the Merchandise stall (not the abbey road stall) before the gig where presented with a white voucher which entitled that person to get a signed cd after the gig from the abbey road stall regardless of where they are in the queue (to pick the cd up) everybody else got a black voucher which got them an unsigned one...to be honest unless you where in just after the venue doors opened there wasn't much chance of getting a signed one because they went really quickly
PostPosted:
Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:43 pm
The Fifth Earl
Ska Face
Ska Face

bigwhopper wrote:
The deal was that the 1st 25 who purchased a voucher from the Merchandise stall (not the abbey road stall) before the gig where presented with a white voucher which entitled that person to get a signed cd after the gig from the abbey road stall regardless of where they are in the queue (to pick the cd up) everybody else got a black voucher which got them an unsigned one...to be honest unless you where in just after the venue doors opened there wasn't much chance of getting a signed one because they went really quickly

Indeed, point I was making was that this was not how the lad on the stall represented matters while taking my money!

Sugarman, does this mean you have my CD? Very Happy
PostPosted:
Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:03 pm