Information Last Night Ally Pally

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » 30th & beyond Anniversary Tour Chat   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
acidbob
Rudie
Rudie

Post subject: Last Night Ally Pally Reply with quote

Great night last night at Ally Pally, the lads where on form as usual, cant remember the name of the first support band can anyone help, really enjoyed them, thought they were much better than the 2nd band, also the second support bands lead singer thought he was Mick Jagger.
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:35 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Arch
Special

Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy First band By The Rivers check them on Facebook and itunes mate - excellent band from Leicester
Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:39 pm
acidbob
Rudie
Rudie

Thanks really enjoyed them.
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:54 pm
sohosaint
Rudie
Rudie

What a venue.

anybody have any idea how many were in there last night?

I was a bit surprised they didnt say a little bit more being the last gig of the tour and so much uncertainty.

Anyhow, so many good memories. Brighton, Brixton and AP.
Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:04 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Paul Willo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Exact numbers last night were 10,400.LOVELY!
www.theskapones.co.uk

www.youtube.com/paulska67

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TheSpecials2Com/245413985501746

www.roddyradiation.com

PostPosted:
Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:10 pm
Guns of Navarone
Ska Face
Ska Face

Great nite at Ally Pally. Thought the lads were on form. I hadn't been to any previous gigs this tour & it was good to hear International Jet Set and Pearls Cafe - never thought I ever hear those tracks, hard to replicate on stage but they pulled it off - so hats off to em.

I thought they seemed a lot tighter now too which is understandable and I could really pick out Horaces bass more than on the previous tours. Great night, great band, great memories.

Whatever the guys decide to do they've made me and many others very happy. Cool
Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:11 pm
Fester
Too Hot

Great day and night last night, just home now and feel like a truck has run over my legs and feet but not to worry.

Big Thanks to Paul Mike Shan and not forgetting Stewart R for all the work put into the Pre-Show. Standing out in the pissings of rain handing out wristbands when you could have been inside with a beer, above and beyond call of duty. You made it a brilliant ocassion. Happy smiling faces everywhere and some great tunes to get everyone in the mood. Very cool to see Brad Lynval Roddy and Nik strolling around chatting to everyone. Then a few Beers with jodo1979 and his missus, lovely people and many laughs had (that George Michael Story is between me and you John). Followed by 2 hours of pure brilliance from the lads, what a tight band they are now, felt sorry for Nev as his knees must be banjaxed, he tried a few moves first half of the show but then the walking stick was out for a good while.

And a brief chat with Drew before the gig, what a gent.

Roll on next time. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:33 pm
ketteringphil
Special

It was another storming night alright,pre-gig was fantastic ( great work folks) and the gig electric.Love the venue too,but maybe not the prices! Did make for a bit of a laugh though,as people came up to get some food and realised the price,some great banter going on Laughing
Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:46 pm
BaldyBadger
Ska Face
Ska Face

Paul Willo wrote:
Exact numbers last night were 10,400.LOVELY!

Actually 10398 mate. My Mrs was laid up with a virus last minute and we couldn't travel.

Absolutely-fudging-lutely gutting.

Too gutted to read about the gig, still, at least there's a next time, imagine if it was the last one ever, it'd be bestival all over again. I still haven't got over that 2 years later. Crying or Very sad
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:57 pm
Paul Willo
Site Admin
Site Admin

so fuckin sorry to hear that matey!

jesus! yeah Bestival eh? Shocked
www.theskapones.co.uk

www.youtube.com/paulska67

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TheSpecials2Com/245413985501746

www.roddyradiation.com

PostPosted:
Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:59 pm
lnitnab
Stereotype

I would also like to say a huge thank you to Paul, Mike, Stewart & anyone else that helped to put on the pre gig party on. My wife I really enjoyed ourselves, meeting all our hero's just made our night even more special. It was great to be able to get photo's & autographs of the band members. Terry was even worried why Joanne was soaking wet when he cuddled her. Met By the rivers outside & had a really good chat with them, What a great bunch of lads & I think that they will do really well.
Thanks again for everyone for making our night the best that we have had in ages & look forward to next time if the lads decide to continue gigging.

Keep skanking
Luke & Joanne
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:14 pm
markand79
Gangster
Gangster

.....as stupid marriage kicked in last night I decided to do a toilet dash to the back of the auditorium.As I did the usual bobbing and weaving through the crowd to get to the back I was kind of expecting the crowd to thin out as it got further back...not on your Nelly...the place was rammed from front to back......on the way back I thought I would pick a trail down the outside by the side walls cos its never busy there is it? Answer;yes it is ..rammed from side to side aswell ..the place was just one giant heaving ,skanking mass Shocked

The Specials delivered in bucketloads...tight as Brads snaredrum (and that is tight)...loved the new intro ..pure pantomime...loved the addition of the strings for some tracks...loved Lynvals shirt and bowtie combo...loved Horaces forays down to the front..he was on fire last night...appreciated the 2 additions to the set list....and the double encore.

The crowd were amazing and I don't think that was lost on the band...must have looked awesome from up on stage.

Real sense of pride as I walked down the hill to the tube afterwards..my shirt and jeans saturated from the mosh .

Not bad for a school night Very Happy
Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:35 pm
jodo1979
Ska Face
Ska Face

Just home ourselves had a brilliant day in North London. The pre gig was excellent want to add my thanks to Paul, Mike, Shan and Stewart and anyone else involved for all the hard work put in. The Specials played a blinder as usual and that was some crowd, just hope it aint the last time we see them. Great to meet yourself and your brothers again Fester we had a good laugh and your confessions are safe with me haha. The end of the night is a bit of a blur but a great night was had by all Very Happy
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:44 pm
Stewart Rennie
Too Hot

Post subject: Re: Last Night Ally Pally Reply with quote

acidbob wrote:
Great night last night at Ally Pally, the lads where on form as usual, cant remember the name of the first support band can anyone help, really enjoyed them, thought they were much better than the 2nd band, also the second support bands lead singer thought he was Mick Jagger.

What a gig/tour/band/fans

There was 3 support bands last night so the first band were not By The Rivers but somebody else begining in p i think Confused Sorry.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Offbeat-Offensive/101697799872701
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:51 pm
ketteringphil
Special

The Bleeps.Bless `em,they came on so early there was only about 15 people watching them!
Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:07 pm
Psycho
Ska Face
Ska Face

Can't get better than last night, words can't describe how good it was. The boys all really seemed up for it and gave a faultless performance (apart from Lynvil getting a bit confused with the song order). The atmosphere was fucking amazing. Big thanks to 3 Minute Hero who gave up his place at the front for my daughter & then protected her from getting squashed the whole gig. She even got Lynvil's plecky! You're a top man 3MH.

The only negative thing for me was a few ignorant twats on the way out chanting yiddo as they spilled onto the main concourse. These same people were probably singing along to Doesn't Make It Alright. I follow Arsenal and it makes me sick when I hear people doing this same chant in reference to Tottenham.

Apart from this though, what a night. If they do carry on I hope Roddy is with them.
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:17 pm
Stewart Rennie
Too Hot

ketteringphil wrote:
The Bleeps.Bless `em,they came on so early there was only about 15 people watching them!

That's them the bleeps Very Happy

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Offbeat-Offensive/101697799872701
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:29 pm
Derry Jammers
Special

I caught a little of The Bleeps. 2nd band last night By The Rivers were the best support band on the night IMHO.
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:51 pm