Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information Sales At Music Retailer HMV Plummet

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » General Music  Goto page Previous  1, 2 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Big ska
Special

Post subject: Reply with quote

Was in Bluewater in Dartford the other day, H,M,V was ramo .
Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:01 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
phil wright
Special

It is a great shame to see the demise of the record shop. They were such an important part of my teenage years and the subsequent years. Mention record shop to my kids and they have no idea what you're on about. This generation has killed off many things and record shops is just one of them. What they're gonna' do in 30 years' time when their favourite band reforms and tours and they want access to all those hits which they had on an ipod I have no idea. The internet alone is changing the entire way we buy things. As for HMV - you can get more choice on-line, it's cheaper, and the delivery is free. Why would they have all the expense of the overheads of high street stores?
PostPosted:
Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:51 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Lincoln Hornet
Ska Face
Ska Face

For anyone on here who likes music in any way, shape or form, Sonos, Spotify and Napster are the way to go in terms of listening to music. You will certainly not shop at HMV anymore I can assure you. All of the music you could ever want to listen to is at the touch of a button for about a fiver a month and the sound quality on the Sonos products is the dogs bollox!!
PostPosted:
Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:29 pm
skacid
Too Hot

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL REAL RECORD SHOP

www.chillisound.co.uk

http://38degrees.org.uk/
PostPosted:
Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:45 pm
Imani
Too Hot

Taken from an article/interview with Bowie in 2002:

His deal with Sony is a short-term one while he gets his label started and watches the Internet's effect on careers. ''I don't even know why I would want to be on a label in a few years, because I don't think it's going to work by labels and by distribution systems in the same way,'' he said. ''The absolute transformation of everything that we ever thought about music will take place within 10 years, and nothing is going to be able to stop it. I see absolutely no point in pretending that it's not going to happen. I'm fully confident that copyright, for instance, will no longer exist in 10 years, and authorship and intellectual property is in for such a bashing.''

''Music itself is going to become like running water or electricity,'' he added. ''So it's like, just take advantage of these last few years because none of this is ever going to happen again. You'd better be prepared for doing a lot of touring because that's really the only unique situation that's going to be left. It's terribly exciting. But on the other hand it doesn't matter if you think it's exciting or not; it's what's going to happen.''
PostPosted:
Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:01 pm