Information Dublin 06/05/13

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » 2013 Tour   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Fester
Too Hot

Post subject: Dublin 06/05/13 Reply with quote

Well ... that was a strange one.

90 minute set including "Guns ..." as the only encore.

Seemed to be a bit of friction on stage, I've a few pints on board so say no more than that. Still a terrific gig.

And tomorrow we'll do it all over again Very Happy
PostPosted:
Mon May 06, 2013 10:10 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
ddub
Ska Face
Ska Face

Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree about the encore something not right.In fact to be honest i felt there was very little effort made by the band maybe im being petty but last time out there was plenty of two tone /specials singage on show which gives the idea that the band still have the believes we have but tonight it wasnt there i know last time out there was a dvd to b recorded but have the band forgot about their fans??There is more to the specials than two tone singage i know but i felt the band were going through the motions tonight as specials fans and two tone in general i felt the band should us the respect we deserve.I think the songs they sang were ok but only ok i thought ghost town was a joke to be honest.sorry if this post sounds negative but im thinking of the last specials gig i was at aand that was top drawer and thats what im compareing it with.On a happy note a big thanks to all on the forum for ticket links and gig info its always great to see the rudies in town and look foward to the next one.KEEP THE FAITH Smile
Tue May 07, 2013 12:53 am
Fs Elliot
Stereotype

Just home from the gig. I agree with the previous comments.
Something was not quite right.
Tue May 07, 2013 1:49 am
PaulN69
Rudie
Rudie

I don't know about the rest of you but I enjoyed it last night , few thoughts that spring to mind , Trombone solo in Ghost Town was amazing , 1 song encore was a bit of a let down . Strings I couldn't hear , Seeing The Specials again F**king class . Standing having a chat with Sugarman in the Turks Head before hand and in walks Roddy , got a pic and a quick chat , one very cool guy . Made my day ; )
PostPosted:
Tue May 07, 2013 10:55 am
Sugarman
Too Hot

I really enjoyed the Gig last night they played the same set as Aylesbury only missing Maggie's Farm and You're Wondering Now but like people are saying their was some kind of friction going on Terry left the stage after Too Much too Young and he didn't return then the band came on and played Guns Of Navarone Smile I met up with loads of people before and after the gig too many to mention PaulN69, Seamus, Roddy, Horace a few of the lads from Carlow, Kevin, ddub, Ronan and loads, loads more Smile

Let's hope Tonight's show is better Smile
Tue May 07, 2013 12:30 pm
phil wright
Special

This doesn't sound too good. Are we gonna' be down to 4 original members on the next tour?
PostPosted:
Tue May 07, 2013 12:37 pm
Sugarman
Too Hot

I heard Farmyard Connection in the turks head and something from In The Studio in the foggy when I was passing through, then I walked into another pub near the venue and they were playing Stereotype Shocked Very Happy the foggy dew had the specials in Amsterdam on the big screen Very Happy the before and after parties were much better this year Smile
Tue May 07, 2013 1:05 pm
Fester
Too Hot

Rod went missing for the whole of MTYR as well?

I see Brad mentioned some technical issues on Twitter earlier so fingers crossed all good for tonight.
PostPosted:
Tue May 07, 2013 1:41 pm
Sugarman
Too Hot

Roddy was telling me he was very tired after Belfast and another band member has stuff going on so if they wern't up to their usual standard this might explain it after all they are only human like the rest of us we have our good and bad days' too?
Tue May 07, 2013 1:57 pm
eskanga
Ska Face
Ska Face

Great gig last night. Really enjoyed the whole day.
Great craic in Foggy Dew before hand. Saw Roddy in there also. I thought Terry was in bad form. Absolutley no interaction with the crowd. That`s the only bad point on an otherwise superb gig.
I hope I`m wrong but I`d say this is the last time we`ll see The Specials in Ireland. Unless there`s new material in the future I can`t see them doing the same thing again.
To all those going tonight have a great night.
Tue May 07, 2013 2:10 pm
drimnagh hoop
Rudie
Rudie

Have to agree with the gist above that the band seemed to be going through the motions. The stage wasnt dressed at all. all very plain. Crowd was fantastic as always. All that beng said delighted to now have seen the band 5 times in the past 4 years when I thought I'd never see them.
PostPosted:
Tue May 07, 2013 5:38 pm
prende
Gangster
Gangster

Mr. Green

Just recovering from last nite !!
I thought the band played a great set last nite, delighted to hear so many songs from the second album. Thought the crowd were in top form, and there was a fantastic atmosphere in the Olympia.
It was great to meet so many familiar faces in The Foggy Dew & The Turks Head before and after the gig.
On a side note, i don,t think Terry was too happy with the sound and seemed to get annoyed more than once during the show ( resulting in "Guns" being the Only song played in the encore ).
I think the band will have to sit down together after this tour and see where they go from here.
On a personal note, i think they will have to record New material, even if only to do something like Madness did with the Dangermen Sessions to freshen it up, for themselves as well as the fans.. Here,s to the next time
Wink
Tue May 07, 2013 11:23 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
bradders
Stereotype

Agree with the above comments about the gig but was delighted to hear pearls cafe and a lot of more specials tracks. The atmosphere all day and night in Dublin was excellent, hard not to have a great day. Thanks to all involved on this site regarding the presale.

Missed Neville on stage and the connection he brings.

Cool
PostPosted:
Wed May 08, 2013 8:30 pm