Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information BREAKING NEWS- OFFICIAL SPECIALS PRE-GIG PARTY-BE THERE

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Pre-gig parties & meet ups  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage

Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been on since the pre gig - went more or less from the gig to a Pool event in Yarmouth so I am knackered.

I hated the idea of seeing the Specials in the cow shed called the Ally Pally but having done it - it was great and fitting end to the tour.

Shame about the rain, when the skies cleared the views from outside the Pally were awe inspiring and reminded me that although I don't live there any more North London is my home.

Sound was great in the gig and I must have meet 80 or more people at the pre gig who I knew. even more when the doors opened officially - never meet so many people I know at one gig before.

The organisation for the pre gig must have been a nightmare and I congratulate the team for the efforts put in on our behalf and it was great to mix with so many before the gig.

Paul, Mike & Stewart (and anyone involved in the running of the pre gig) - well done & respect
PostPosted:
Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:35 pm
Top of Page
Paul Willo
Site Admin
Site Admin

I received this email DURING the Ally Pally pre gig from forum member Jeeder.

"....Paul

It's 3 hours before the gig starts, 2 of my idols are DJ'ing and I've just met the rest of the members of my favourite band. Despite this going on I've had to walk to a quiet area to compose myself and acknowledge and thank you and everyone involved in arranging this pre gig party. I'm so so so grateful and am in awe of the time of my life that I'm enjoying right now. Thanks so much.

If the gig was cancelled now I'd still be chuffed

Have a great night. You truly deserve to..."

THAT IS MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!
Thanks for that mate- Makes all the organisation worth it.Its people like you that we do it for. Cool Wink
www.theskapones.co.uk

www.youtube.com/paulska67

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TheSpecials2Com/245413985501746

www.roddyradiation.com

PostPosted:
Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:41 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
bluebeat
Stereotype

Paul, couldn't have put it better myself!
thankyou so much for all the hard work you all do. Was a fatastic day from start to finish. Getting another chance to thank lynval for getting my son up on stage in plymouth,chatting to Brad,meeting some great people from the forum,(yourself and Mike included), seeing them play the best i've seen since the reformation in my opinion,getting into the aftershow with my girlfriend Viv and our great friend Amanda(who we first met at the Hammersmith odeon in 2009),getting back to the hotel at 3am baddered and soaked!...and now to hear Roddy is staying and the dream can live on! HAPPY F**KING DAYS Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:26 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
mac
Stereotype

First time I've been online since the gig.

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Paul, Mike and everyone who was involved with the pre gig, what a feckin great night.

I must admit standing out in the rain getting drenched I was thinking what the fuck am I doing here, but seeing (sorry don't know there names) walking around totally soaked taking names and giving out the wrist bands for the pre gig I started to realise what effort and time people give for others enjoyment,
When inside the atmosphere was great nice and chilled, listening to great sounds and getting the chance to have a photo with Lynval, John, Nev, Roddy, Rankin and Mark Lamar really made the night special, the only thing that could have made it better for me would have to been able to meet Terry and Horrace, especially Terry as I've been a massive fan of his for over 30 years, but that's just being greedy Very Happy
PostPosted:
Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:59 pm
Paul Willo
Site Admin
Site Admin

We were the ones handing out the wristbands and taking names!! Slightly damp wasn't it?
www.theskapones.co.uk

www.youtube.com/paulska67

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TheSpecials2Com/245413985501746

www.roddyradiation.com

PostPosted:
Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:40 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
3-minute-hero
Ska Face
Ska Face

Just wanted to say how amazing the pre gig was Very Happy I walked in , got a drink,looked near the DJ Decks,and spotted Nev,finally got my photo took with him,after grabbing TTN to do it for me!!!!!!!!!
I then walked up and met Roddy,had a great chat with him.Got my photo took with Brad and then watched Lynval DJin!!!!!!
Really felt like we were VIPS especially when a steward asked us to move to the next room as he said we didn't want to get mixed up with the others!!!!!!!
I felt this was a great big thank you to the fans,so I have got to thank all those on the forum who organised it,the promoters(not forgetting the pre sale links ),Fred Perry and of course The Specials.
Roll on 2013 you can be assured I wil go to at least 3-4 gigs Very Happy
Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:24 pm
skacid
Too Hot

It was an excellent day and evening Cool you should ALL be proud of yourselves.

Roll on with the new tunes, i really can't wait but i will Very Happy

www.chillisound.co.uk

http://38degrees.org.uk/
PostPosted:
Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:57 pm
mac
Stereotype

Paul Willo wrote:
We were the ones handing out the wristbands and taking names!! Slightly damp wasn't it?

Slightly, It wasn't to bad when we first go there standing in the window having a smoke but when the q started it just seemed to get heavier and looking at your soggy list I felt for you having to stay out there when we were in the dry.
PostPosted:
Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:25 pm
Caragh
Special

3-minute-hero wrote:
Just wanted to say how amazing the pre gig was Very Happy I walked in , got a drink,looked near the DJ Decks,and spotted Nev,finally got my photo took with him,after grabbing TTN to do it for me!!!!!!!!!
I then walked up and met Roddy,had a great chat with him.Got my photo took with Brad and then watched Lynval DJin!!!!!!
Really felt like we were VIPS especially when a steward asked us to move to the next room as he said we didn't want to get mixed up with the others!!!!!!!
I felt this was a great big thank you to the fans,so I have got to thank all those on the forum who organised it,the promoters(not forgetting the pre sale links ),Fred Perry and of course The Specials.
Roll on 2013 you can be assured I wil go to at least 3-4 gigs Very Happy

And now you have finally succeeded in making me jealous!!! Twisted Evil

I'm reading these posts with a tear in my eye, but its a happy tear - full of pride Cool
PostPosted:
Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:07 am
ketteringphil
Special

Funny you should say that Caragh,but in over 12 years as a regular internet user on various forums/chatrooms on various subjects,this is the first forum that I am proud to tell people I post on.There are a lot of good people on here,and with the promise of more material/tours from the lads,the future looks exciting.
Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:04 pm
RobSkaman
Gangster
Gangster

Pre-gig was superb, was great to meet Willo and Mike we had a good laugh and chat.

Thank you for all your effort it was very well appreciated.

Cool Cool Cool
PostPosted:
Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:24 pm
RobSkaman
Gangster
Gangster

Post subject: Belfast Ulster Hall 4th November Reply with quote

Any pre or post gig meet ups?
PostPosted:
Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:16 pm
Jett Rink
Special

Terry, Brad and Horace want to meet everyone for a pint before every show this November Laughing
PostPosted:
Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:16 pm
RobSkaman
Gangster
Gangster

The only Special One I got to meet was Roddy (WHATEVER HAPPENED TO HIM) lovely bloke even signed my back piece and had time for a chat Laughing
PostPosted:
Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:22 pm
Fester
Too Hot

Yep I had a pint of Guinness with Roddy before the Dublin gig last year, could not meet a more down to earth fella. And he has some very funny anecdotes ... that sadly cannot be shared on a family forum like this
Very Happy
PostPosted:
Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:16 pm
kennybacon
Special

Fester wrote:
Yep I had a pint of Guinness with Roddy before the Dublin gig last year, could not meet a more down to earth fella. And he has some very funny anecdotes ... that sadly cannot be shared on a family forum like this
Very Happy

you could put them on after the watershed Wink
Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:33 pm
Fester
Too Hot

Tales of Rock & Roll debauchery Laughing

Not really
PostPosted:
Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:38 pm