Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information Festival-goer assaulted / while watching The Specials

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » The Specials   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Sugarman
Too Hot

Post subject: Festival-goer assaulted / while watching The Specials Reply with quote

Festival-goer assaulted while watching The Specials at Splendour

A festival-goer was left with a serious injury after they were assaulted while watching The Specials at Splendour Crying or Very sad

The victim, who suffered injuries which required treatment in hospital, was in front of the main stage at the Wollaton Park festival when the unprovoked assault took place at about 9.20pm on Saturday.

The victim has since been discharged from hospital.

The ska-revival band, which formed in 1977, were the headlining act at the festival and played a set list filled with their hits on the main stage.

Thousands of people attended the day-long festival, and detectives believe someone must have seen the incident and are appealing for witnesses to come forward.

If you saw the assault, have any information, or were recording the gig, call 101, ext 8024677 or 07894618689.

Festival-goers express their sadness after man is assaulted at Nottingham's Splendour event

Music lovers have spoken of their disappointment after a man was left with a serious injury following an assault at Nottingham's Splendour festival.

The victim, who suffered injuries which required treatment in hospital, was in front of the main stage at the Wollaton Park festival when the unprovoked assault took place at about 9.20pm on Saturday.

He has since been discharged from hospital.

On social media there was speculation that he had part of his ear bitten off during the assault.

Festival-goers have described the incident as "awful" and "disgusting" but said the atmosphere was "great" for the majority of the event.

On Facebook Cheryl O'Sullivan said: "How sad and pointless really hope they get found and prosecuted. Only today we said how great the atmosphere was again."

And Carol Edwards added: "What a shame..We had a great day...never saw any trouble...lots of families enjoying the sun and the music."

Charlotte Witney simply called the incident "awful" and on Twitter @kimnffckim said it was "disgusting".

But writing on Facebook Robert Craig said: "From what I saw there was a large amount of decent people enjoying themselves with their families for a day out."

The assault took place during the Specials' set at the annual festival.

The ska-revival band, which formed in 1977, were the headlining act at the festival and played a set list filled with their hits on the main stage.

Thousands of people attended the day-long event, and detectives, who believe someone must have seen the incident are now appealing for witnesses to come forward.

If you saw the assault, have any information, or were recording the gig, call 101, ext 8024677 or 07894618689.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Festival-goers-express-sadness-man-assaulted/story-27444782-detail/story.html

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Person-assaulted-watching-Specials-Splendour/story-27444114-detail/story.html
Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:26 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
ska,d 4 life
Ska Face
Ska Face

Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened by us sugarman but couldn't see what happened,it wasn't until yesterday that I found out part of a mans ear was bitten off,disgusting!On a better note The specials sounded as good as I've heard them in a long time!!
Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:58 pm
ketteringphil
Special

Saw it all,told the old bill what I know.Don`t really like being a grass,but not too happy about nut-jobs like that getting away with it.
Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:08 am
Sugarman
Too Hot

I just hope they catch the C*** that's all I have to say, everybody has a camera with them on some device yet nothing was caught on video? Confused

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-33600379
Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:32 am
Sugarman
Too Hot

Man who had his ear bitten off at Splendour Festival sent gift from The Specials.

A grandad who had the top half of his ear bitten off while watching The Specials at a festival has been left "gobsmacked" after the band sent him a signed vinyl and a get well card.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Man-ear-bitten-Splendour-Festival-sent-gift/story-27536985-detail/story.html#1
Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:00 am
Hugh
Too Hot

What about the bloke who flattened the Front geezer?
Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:53 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail