Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information The English Beat Starring Dave Wakeling / New Album

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » General Music  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
npr1uk
Rudie
Rudie

Post subject: Reply with quote

When I commented on yet another delay he said I should concentrate on the song snippets he had put up. He didn't like me telling him he should have concentrated on issuing it when he said and stop coming up with more excuses and then told me if that's how I feel his songs weren't for me. Despite the fact that I have bought everything he's ever done. Not the best way to treat fans but I live and learn.
PostPosted:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:09 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Sugarman
Too Hot

Finally the news I have been waiting for, I could have asked for a refund like others did but I would have ended up buying the vinyl & cd when it was released so it seemed pointless doing that.

I'm glad the first UK single will be How can you stand there and not the US

single The One and only, both songs are good but I prefer the UK choice.

It's been a very, very, very long wait but It's nearly over now Smile

Hi everyone,

After a number of meetings with the record label and Pledge, we now have a release date!

Thrilled with the way the tracks have turned out, the label wants to go for a simultaneous worldwide release of CD and Vinyl.

However, this cannot be achieved till Aug 25th, so we have discussed a few things to keep you happy till then.

You will get download of album Aug 22nd, and we will send you downloads of all singles and remixes that come out before then, a day or so before the release date. We also have a recent concert video that we shall put on the Pledge page exclusively.

Looks like first US single is the One and the only, with How can you stand there for UK. Here’s a short video of the last few bits of recording in the studio, and a 30 sec snippet of the those two songs, which will be mixed and mastered when we get back off tour in April.

If this date is too late for anyone, you are still more than welcome to a refund, just let us know. Long time coming, and a heck of a lot of work and waiting, but well worth it, thanks for your help, support and patience.

Love,

Dave
x
Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:04 am
kennybacon
Special

Just read a post on the discussion board that release has now been put back to January next year, it's become such a debacle that you have to laugh. Very Happy

I wonder if this latest delay will be down to the mischievous Ranking Roger, will be interesting to see what Dave's excuse is for this delay.
Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:27 am
bluearmy78
Ska Face
Ska Face

Joke, if true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:05 am
kennybacon
Special

here is a post on the discussion board:

I spoke with Dave this past weekend and he said the new album was being picked up by a major label who want to release it in January, 2018 as Mark says above. He did imply that they wanted to release some dance tracks and a Christmas single. I got to hear some of the tracks and they were great.

Seems a little late in the day to be switching labels for the release, this smells a bit fishy to me along the lines of blaming the delay on Ranking Roger last year, another in a long line of excuses, will this album ever see the light of day?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:07 pm
Trojan
Too Hot

I honestly can't believe that people are still holding out for this album. If anyone still has money in it at this stage they should take the offer up of a refund.

http://2-tone.info/
PostPosted:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:22 am
bluearmy78
Ska Face
Ska Face

l just cant believe l paid for something 3 years ago, and still havent seen it. Excuse after excuse. It must be some sort of record mustnt it ? (excuse the pun).
Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:43 pm
Trojan
Too Hot

bluearmy78 wrote:
l just cant believe l paid for something 3 years ago, and still havent seen it. Excuse after excuse. It must be some sort of record mustnt it ? (excuse the pun).

I admire your loyalty, but had it been me I would have asked for money back after about 3 months if there has been nothing to show for it.

My dip into PledgeMusic began and ended with Rhoda's Bodysnatchers' album. Never again.

http://2-tone.info/
PostPosted:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:53 pm
Sugarman
Too Hot

The whole thing has become a joke at this point and the strange thing is when the album is eventually released it will be available in record shops for anybody to buy without ever going near Pledge Laughing
Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:42 pm
bluearmy78
Ska Face
Ska Face

Gosh ! Just got some news from Pledge, and Dave saying the album will be delivered in December, for a spring release next year ! Wonder when he classes spring as ? About next August the way he seems to work Im guessing.
By a December delivery, does he mean sent early to the pledgers or does he just mean the record will be delivered to the pressing plants ready for next spring ? Any ideas ?...
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:53 am
kennybacon
Special

A post on the discussion board on the pledge site from Mr Wakeling now suggests a release date of 24.03.18.

A few negative posts have been removed recently (Around 30) and this has been questioned and answered by Dave in a rather patronising manner:

Stephen Parnell (pledger) I simply asked for s release date and my post has been deleted???

DW: hardly simply. march release unacceptable answer you asked how many others felt that way. date in march will be labels decision and when we are told, we’ll pass it on. my guess is album march 24th. single in jan . hope thats an acceptable answer for you, and that there will be no need to delete any more rude messages from you, that you later deny anyway, lol! x

SP: Dave it's not rude to ask for a date. It's not right to delete a comment because you don't like it. March will be great

DW: you seem to have a lot of rules for my page? lol. your message was a bit rude, as you know, so it was deleted. i'm glad we now seem on a better track, thanks stephen. i will try to get label to release album as early in march as they can! x

Dave Wakeling has very poor PR skills, and is unable to pacify disgruntled pledgers with a bit of humility in respect of deserved negativity towards this whole campaign. By adding lol to the end of his digs does not show he is treating it like a bit of banter but hoping that 'lol' covers his dig as light hearted.
Twat.
Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:17 pm
bluearmy78
Ska Face
Ska Face

He is one patronizing bar steward is Dave. The whole thing has become a joke. Slightly off subject, I didnt realise yet another Beat greatest hits was released in August. Was no real mention of it. Its called Hard to beat. Its a wonder Dave didnt use that release as an excuse for his album not being released this summer just gone !
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:58 am
Imani
Too Hot

In a sense, many of the pledgers (or 'pledgi' - plural) have one simple message for Dave: They're looking at the man in the mirror in the bathroom, asking him to change his ways. A simple 'Sorry' might be a start; indeed, it just might be your sole salvation.

No, they're not all out to get you, but they do have a right to feel cheated and aren't prepared to just walk away. All in all, it's been a rough ride, so let's put an end to all the sugar and stress.

Sorry, guys - once I get started, I just can't stop it. I may even have posted something similar before. Embarassed Wink
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:26 am
kennybacon
Special

Imani wrote:
In a sense, many of the pledgers (or 'pledgi' - plural) have one simple message for Dave: They're looking at the man in the mirror in the bathroom, asking him to change his ways. A simple 'Sorry' might be a start; indeed, it just might be your sole salvation.

No, they're not all out to get you, but they do have a right to feel cheated and aren't prepared to just walk away. All in all, it's been a rough ride, so let's put an end to all the sugar and stress.

Sorry, guys - once I get started, I just can't stop it. I may even have posted something similar before. Embarassed Wink

You should post that on Mr Wakelings pledge discussion board Imani or maybe get a job and save it for later. I confess - I'm out of my depth here, drowning. Embarassed
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:37 am
Imani
Too Hot

kennybacon wrote:
Imani wrote:

You should post that on Mr Wakelings pledge discussion board Imani or maybe get a job and save it for later. I confess - I'm out of my depth here, drowning. Embarassed

I'd be tempted to if I'd pledged but apparently it would be a mere 'click click' and deleted for good.
Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:30 pm
kennybacon
Special

Imani wrote:
kennybacon wrote:
Imani wrote:

I'd be tempted to if I'd pledged but apparently it would be a mere 'click click' and deleted for good.

yeah - he would accuse you of whineing and grineing - stand down Imani
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:29 pm
Imani
Too Hot

kennybacon wrote:
Imani wrote:
kennybacon wrote:
Imani wrote:

yeah - he would accuse you of whineing and grineing - stand down Imani

Though far be it from me to twist and crawl, Kenny.
Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:25 am