Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information The Specials / On TV 1979 - 1981

Post new topic Reply to topic
TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » The Specials  Goto page Previous  1, 2 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Sugarman
Too Hot


Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Posts: 6035
Location: Sun Valley

Post subject: Reply with quote

SivarRude wrote:
oh nice info Shocked

but how can i get a copy of the lives concerts and the "famous" dvd too much too young, or i pay for it? Question


you can buy Too Much Too Young from Ebay for £12.49 It's unoffical and Total Crap I wouldn't recommend it.
_________________
I'm having bags of fun
PostPosted:
Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:25 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
mangeire
Gangster
Gangster


Joined: 22 Mar 2005
Posts: 412
Location: Dublin

Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

you can buy Too Much Too Young from Ebay for £12.49 It's unoffical and Total Crap I wouldn't recommend it.[/quote]

But strangely, it has arguably the best live footage you'll ever see of The Specials (I think so anyway!). Problem is, it's just 3-4 seconds clips all patched together which makes it's hard to watch Confused
_________________
http://www.myspace.com/supertonicsoundclub

http://www.youtube.com/user/mangeire
PostPosted:
Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:17 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
FB3
Ska Face
Ska Face


Joined: 18 Nov 2009
Posts: 54
Location: Brighton

Post subject: Reply with quote

This link may be of some use to you. I know it is not complete but the dates are handy;-

http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/group/317873?view=credit
_________________
" ...Its not contrived or anything... "
PostPosted:
Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:50 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Radfordred
Gangster
Gangster


Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 391
Location: Nottingham

Post subject: Reply with quote

Montreux Jazz Festival Switzerland 1980

http://youtu.be/NEN2ReO4dmY
PostPosted:
Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:13 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
french toast
Ska Face
Ska Face


Joined: 22 Apr 2012
Posts: 221
Location: dream home in new zealand

Post subject: Reply with quote

Great topic and really interesting read Cool
PostPosted:
Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:30 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
mangeire
Gangster
Gangster


Joined: 22 Mar 2005
Posts: 412
Location: Dublin

Post subject: Reply with quote

The Specials never performed on Razzmatazz, that programme only started in June 1981 and they definitely didn't perform 'Ghost Town' on it.

Anyone know anything about a report on 2 Tone by Tony Wilkinson on BBC's Nationwide, back in May 1980?!
PostPosted:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:39 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Trojan
Too Hot


Joined: 25 Aug 2002
Posts: 2322
Location: Area 3

Post subject: Reply with quote

mangeire wrote:


Anyone know anything about a report on 2 Tone by Tony Wilkinson on BBC's Nationwide, back in May 1980?!


Isn't that the one where the band are filmed adding the hand claps and harmonica to Rude Buoys Outa Jail? Jerry and Terry are also interviewed and come across as two people who are just not interested.
_________________
Richard Eddington is innocent.

http://2-tone.info/
PostPosted:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:32 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Derry Jammers
Special


Joined: 03 Apr 2008
Posts: 567
Location: London

Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar subject. Different band.
Madness did a performance of Shut Up on Runaround or some kids show like that in the spring of 1981, about 3/4/5 months before it saw a single release. It was a totally different version of the song probably at the demo stage.
I recorded it at the time on a tape player with loads of background noise etc but that tape has long since vanished. Anyone seen that video clip knocking around youtube etc.
PostPosted:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:31 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
mangeire
Gangster
Gangster


Joined: 22 Mar 2005
Posts: 412
Location: Dublin

Post subject: Reply with quote

Trojan wrote:
mangeire wrote:


Anyone know anything about a report on 2 Tone by Tony Wilkinson on BBC's Nationwide, back in May 1980?!


Isn't that the one where the band are filmed adding the hand claps and harmonica to Rude Buoys Outa Jail? Jerry and Terry are also interviewed and come across as two people who are just not interested.


Ah so that's where that footage is from, cheers. Do you know if there's much more in that Nationwide programme that hasn't featured on the more recent 2-Tone TV documentaries?
PostPosted:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:18 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
mangeire
Gangster
Gangster


Joined: 22 Mar 2005
Posts: 412
Location: Dublin

Post subject: Reply with quote

Derry Jammers wrote:
Similar subject. Different band.
Madness did a performance of Shut Up on Runaround or some kids show like that in the spring of 1981, about 3/4/5 months before it saw a single release. It was a totally different version of the song probably at the demo stage.
I recorded it at the time on a tape player with loads of background noise etc but that tape has long since vanished. Anyone seen that video clip knocking around youtube etc.


That was Razzmatazz, they performed 'Grey Day' too. Some info on here:

https://madnessontv.com/1981-2/
PostPosted:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:20 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Derry Jammers
Special


Joined: 03 Apr 2008
Posts: 567
Location: London

Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that mangerie. I'd totally forgotten about Razzmatazz. Now to find the clip on youtube. ??!!!??!?
PostPosted:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:32 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Imani
Too Hot


Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 1616
Location: Bradford

Post subject: Reply with quote

A new series on Sky TV, thought I'd put it here.

The Art of Drumming, Sky Arts — hard-hitting history of stickmen

Steve White meets Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Clem Burke of Blondie and Drummie Zeb of Aswad, among others

'...Gary Powell of the Libertines explains the groove on The Specials’ “Ghost Town”, and Drummie Zeb outlines reggae’s revolutionary “one drop” rhythm.'

https://www.ft.com/content/68e4c52a-b235-11e8-8d14-6f049d06439c
_________________
Piano music page on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/imanipiano
PostPosted:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:44 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Trojan
Too Hot


Joined: 25 Aug 2002
Posts: 2322
Location: Area 3

Post subject: Reply with quote

Imani wrote:


'...Gary Powell of the Libertines explains the groove on The Specials’ “Ghost Town”, and Drummie Zeb outlines reggae’s revolutionary “one drop” rhythm.'

https://www.ft.com/content/68e4c52a-b235-11e8-8d14-6f049d06439c


That should be interesting. Any live recording I have heard of Ghost Town has been nothing short of fucking racket. The track was very much a studio creation and next to impossible to recreate live.
_________________
Richard Eddington is innocent.

http://2-tone.info/
PostPosted:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:59 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
bombscare79
Special


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 613
Location: BELFAST

Post subject: Reply with quote

Trojan wrote:
Imani wrote:


'...Gary Powell of the Libertines explains the groove on The Specials’ “Ghost Town”, and Drummie Zeb outlines reggae’s revolutionary “one drop” rhythm.'

https://www.ft.com/content/68e4c52a-b235-11e8-8d14-6f049d06439c


That should be interesting. Any live recording I have heard of Ghost Town has been nothing short of fucking racket. The track was very much a studio creation and next to impossible to recreate live.

https://youtu.be/46D-K8d5sbg
Not great audio on this copy (cant find the upload i used to listen to seems to have been removed)Always loved this version especially the 2nd half about 3 minutes in. HIGHLIGHTS - Dammers keyboard sounds, Rico's solo and crowd reaction and Brad's 5 bass drum beats in a row @ 4.32 . SivarRude had a better quality copy on youtube? cant find it.
_________________
Naked from your bath, you go naked to your bed, but i cant stop the hatred running through my...... f * * k i n g .. head.
PostPosted:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:02 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT
Post new topic Reply to topic
TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » The Specials Goto page Previous  1, 2 

Jump to:  
Key
  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Community powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group :: Theme & Graphics by Daz