Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information The English Beat Starring Dave Wakeling / New Album

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » General Music  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Imani
Too Hot

Post subject: Reply with quote

kennybacon wrote:
Imani wrote:
I'm not sure what the future of crowd-funding will be, as today Pledge Music announced that it has gone into administration.

"The company will go into administration at some point this week or early next which means that any funds received for the assets of Pledge will be distributed to all of the creditors involved. This will include all of the artists who are owed money”.

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/pledgemusic-fails-to-find-buyer-heads-for-administration/

I am sure it won't take too long for something else to take its place Imani.
I think there is a place for it, as it helps artists who haven't got a record deal or the funds available to record and distribute material - to get the funds needed upfront in order to produce.
I just hope whatever takes its place also considers the fans and has their ship in order, as many pledge campaigns included items that were seriously over priced (Lee Thompson) unreasonable postage prices, and outrageous delays (you know who).

Most bands with record deals make pre ordering available now to get signed copies, this is something I have seen a huge growth in since pledge started and is a good thing for memorabilia collectors

Generally it's a very good thing, especially in an age where so much music can be accessed for free. To put that investment into musicians in this day and age shows real commitment and devotion on the part of fans. So yes, it should be priced fairly and barring any genuinely unexpected delays, earthquakes and tsunamis, delivered on time!
PostPosted:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:09 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
bluearmy78
Ska Face
Ska Face

Post subject: Reply with quote

l ve had nothing but trouble with Pledge over the years. Daves project being by far the worse, but l have had problems with other artists as well. Im afraid l have steered clear from them for the last couple of years. Am not at all surprised by their demise.
Sat May 11, 2019 10:02 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message