Information Disappointed

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » General Chat   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
bluearmy78
Ska Face
Ska Face

Post subject: Disappointed Reply with quote

Is it just me, but lm a tad disappointed that more hasnt been done to celebrate the 40th year of two tone ? Yes we had the Specials(well, 3 of them)release, but l was expecting something from Selecter and Madness this year in new material. l know there is still time,but lve not even heard anything on the rumour mill. I know The Specials have been touring and so have Madness. Was just expecting some physical albums/cds.
Not even any news on yet another two tone compilation,which l was really expecting to see.
Or yet another Beat or Madness compilation. But nothing. A double Dance Craze album would have been awesome(ok l know it will never happen because of copyrights), but even an idea along those lines would have been something to mark 40 years.
Ive seen various publications celebrate it with a few articles, and l know there was the freebie which was handed out(trouble is, not all of us live in Coventry or London to get hold of a copy),but something along the lines of an album/cd just doesnt seem to be happening. Specailized new offering aside it looks like its not going to get much of a birthday. Very disappointed actually.
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:39 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Trojan
Too Hot

Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of unreleased material it's been said that there is very little left in the vaults. Whether this is down to poor archiving over the years or nothing extra was actually recorded is anyone's guess. If anthing extra was indeed recorded during The Bodysnatchers, Swinging Cats and Rico single sessions then it has been been well and truly kept under wraps ever since.

Something new, for the 40th anniversary or otherwise, is what is needed. The Record Store Day versions of Rat Race and Sock it to 'em prove that these things can happen.

http://2-tone.info/
PostPosted:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:11 am
Harry
Too Hot

There were the Cathedral shows, the free magazine, Ranking Roger's book, Nev getting his honours etc
I get the feeling there's more to come
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:39 am
Imani
Too Hot

It ought not to be surprising, to be honest. First of all it'd probably be a logistic and legal minefield to get some sort of collective anniversary event or releases involving all the original bands.

Then you factor in the personal differences among each of the original members of The Specials alone, and I don't see anything happening beyond individual tributes. Not if the label's founders aren't united. I might be wrong but looking at how things have panned out so far, 7 months into the year etc...
PostPosted:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:34 am
Halfy
Special

TOTP2 'special' at the very least BBC?
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:41 am