Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information 'The Madness of Crowds?' Interview with Douglas Murray

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » General Chat  Goto page Previous  1, 2 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Imani
Too Hot

Post subject: Reply with quote

As you only heard a bit, I won't say too much in response. I completely disagree with the Powell comparison; also class and affluence has nothing to do with it (i.e 'posh twits). Imagine if those speakers referred to less affluent people in similar terms?!
PostPosted:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:45 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Harry
Too Hot

But why do you disagree with the Powell comparison I made? Explain why I'm wrong to make the comparison between someone in the past lying that you can't report a person of colour breaking the law without being called a racist to someone in the present lying that you can't talk about trans people without being transphobic? (or "thrown in a ditch") How are they different?
What's wrong with calling Douglas Murray a posh twit? (ok, he knows a lot about Oscar Wilde, in the same way Powell knew a lot about the ancient Romans and Greeks). He writes dull as dishwater articles in for the Torygraph and The Spectator about how Muslims are like the Nazis. Why on earth do you his describe his arguments as "balanced". And you say, "Imagine if those speakers referred to less affluent people in similar terms?!" Don't you get it he is picking on minorities who aren't in a position to fight back (they are not invited on the show to give their side of the story). You seem to be in massive denial.
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:34 pm
bombscare79
Special

" Massive denial" - I cant decide between massive denial, complete inability to grasp the crux of the message in the discussion or this post started as a wind up - a bit of fun. I am edging towards wind up though as im struggling to believe someone could have such massive denial or inability. I have really enjoyed reading your replies Harry . Thanks
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:54 pm