Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information The Specials - Nottingham Oct 2011 Pre gig

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Pre-gig parties & meet ups  Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Roodbouy
Stereotype

Post subject: The Specials - Nottingham Oct 2011 Pre gig Reply with quote

I went to the pre gig last year at Nottingham and it was mint, Maybe Nipper might just be able to persuade The Skamasters to do something on the Thursday night ( the night before the gig), me and the mates are up for an extended Ska weekend. it would also be great to see everyone again who attended last time.I know it may be a bit expensive adding another day to the stay over but hey! Weve got a year to save up.

What do you reckon ?

And what do you say Nipper and Arch and the gang ?
Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
3-minute-hero
Ska Face
Ska Face

Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mate i have to agree the SKA MASTERS were great but i have seen them a few more times since then and wow they are excellent now- SKANK IN THE PARK had the place rocking and they did the best version of DO THE DOG i have heard since THE SPECIALS ....
anyway i have been thinking someone needs to step up to the plate and volunteer to organise another get together and i will do the honours if thats ok??? i could do with help from all the forum members...
i dont think they will be able to perform on the Thursday as all the members work and they live near Bedford so funding their time , days off and transport would be a bit difficult i think. But i will talk to Arch and beg him to do the Friday and fingers crossed he will be able to Cool
ps did you come to my do in Leicester last Feb???
Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:20 pm
Colonel Hathi
Ska Face
Ska Face

Theres a place called Bunkers Hill which has an upstairs function room that a local Scooter Club used after Weller was on @ the Arena got pretty rammed -not sure on prices/capacity tho.(could find out Question ) Horn in Hand is half way accross city centre from the Arena not miles but a decent walk away
PostPosted:
Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:01 pm
3-minute-hero
Ska Face
Ska Face

please any info from anyone local will help loads!!!
Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:34 pm
Radfordred
Gangster
Gangster

Colonel Hathi wrote:
Horn in Hand is half way accross city centre from the Arena not miles but a decent walk away

The Horn in Hand closed not long after Nippers due , its now a trendy student bar called Spanky Van Dykes.

Bunkers hill ideal place http://www.bunkershillnottingham.co.uk/index.asp Friday afternoon pre Specials could be good , better than that overpriced plastic glass stuff they sell in the Arena.
PostPosted:
Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:33 am
Roodbouy
Stereotype

[quote="3-minute-hero"]hi mate i have to agree the SKA MASTERS were great but i have seen them a few more times since then and wow they are excellent now- SKANK IN THE PARK had the place rocking and they did the best version of DO THE DOG i have heard since THE SPECIALS ....
anyway i have been thinking someone needs to step up to the plate and volunteer to organise another get together and i will do the honours if thats ok??? i could do with help from all the forum members...
i dont think they will be able to perform on the Thursday as all the members work and they live near Bedford so funding their time , days off and transport would be a bit difficult i think. But i will talk to Arch and beg him to do the Friday and fingers crossed he will be able to Cool
ps did you come to my do in Leicester last Feb???[/quote]

Yes,

We were there at the get together in Feb and it was a great night , great club , great prices ,even skanking on stage and meeting up again with forum members was great and if i remember rightly though, through the haze of beer and hangover the weather was pretty much like it is today, lots of snow on the ground and freezing cold.

Anyway it looks like this Pre gig has begun to roll and provided me and my drew can secure tickets for Nottingham when they go on pre sale we will be down there on Thursday anyway, so if anyone else is there we can meet up with a cd or 2 and pre skank at the venue chosen on Thursday night to discuss any help that may be needed on the Fiday.as it stands i will be there with 4 others.

It sounds like a venue a bit closer to the Arena may be a better option.

See you all there.
Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:12 am
3-minute-hero
Ska Face
Ska Face

Arch we need to talk buddy Idea
Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:31 am
Arch
Special

Hi gents... yep here; sorry been sidetracked with a new Labrador puppy! Very Happy

First thanks for the words of support and if everyone wants us to do it then we'd jump at the chance. I'm hoping to make as many gigs as possible but Nottingham, Cardiff and London are top of the list for me cos even though I prefer smaller venues I'd like to meet up with as many forum folk as poss. Yeah would have to be the Friday night in Nottingham as don't think I'd get away with two nights in a row! Laughing

Otherwise though Mark just arrange away mate and let me know if I can do anything... we've got full PA and stuff.

Don't think I've ever planned anything this far ahead in my life Laughing Laughing
Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:20 pm
marigold
Too Hot

"Spanky Van Dykes" Shocked Confused I am getting old!
Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:49 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Lincoln Hornet
Ska Face
Ska Face

Count me in please as long as I can get a standing ticket for the Arena, theres no way I'm sitting down at a Specials gig. Should be at least 4 of us. Totally agree about Arch's boys and girl!! They were spot on at Notts the last time (Got a new string Arch!!)
PostPosted:
Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:26 pm
ketteringphil
Special

Yay,good lad Arch ! Wink
Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:20 pm
Roodbouy
Stereotype

Spot On Arch,

Thank all the band for us,and also big thanks to 3 minute hero for offering to organise it , let me know if any of you need anything and i will see what i can do and make myself and the lads available for any fetching/carrying that you need a hand with.Can we maybe also look at keeping things going after the gig with some Ska sounds at the same venue.

Do we need someone to spin some discs,is there any one out there who is willing to volunteer ?
Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:58 pm
3-minute-hero
Ska Face
Ska Face

Arch wrote:
Don't think I've ever planned anything this far ahead in my life Laughing Laughing

me too not even ma wedding anyway cheers Arch i think weve been lucky to get you lot on board just hope i dont let you all down... Embarassed
Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:51 pm
Arch
Special

Thanks for organising mate you won't let anyone down! Lots of offers of help too which is great... oh got me tickets sorted for Nottingham Very Happy
Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:43 am
Rude Boy
Too Hot

Wasn't going to Nottingham this time but as Arch and the band are playing again at the pre-gig it would have been 'rude' not to attend so got myself 2 tickets.

See you guys there. If it's as good as the Horn in the Hand do then we're on for a cracking day. Just need to book hotel now near the pub once it's all confirmed. Laughing
PostPosted:
Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:51 am
Roodbouy
Stereotype

Hi guys,

Me and me 4 mates have out standing tickets for Nottingham, See you all there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:31 pm
3-minute-hero
Ska Face
Ska Face

got 4 standing at Nottingham so THE PRE GIG IS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:39 pm
sfl_sound
Ska Face
Ska Face

We Dj'd at Bunkers Hill at the Hockley Hustle last year, its quite small upstairs considering how many of us are gonna turn out for it but a decent place and bang next door to the arena.
Me and Fat Piggy will do a spot for sure same as last year at Horn in hand.
PostPosted:
Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:50 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Indianna
Ska Face
Ska Face

Me and the Mrs all sorted and hotel booked. Looking forward to another top pre-gig with Arch and the crew. Moses may even make a surprise appearance again!
PostPosted:
Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:54 pm
3-minute-hero
Ska Face
Ska Face

sfl_sound wrote:
We Dj'd at Bunkers Hill at the Hockley Hustle last year, its quite small upstairs considering how many of us are gonna turn out for it but a decent place and bang next door to the arena.
Me and Fat Piggy will do a spot for sure same as last year at Horn in hand.

too small for us??
Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:56 pm