Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information The Administrators Question Time.

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » You Do The Interview  Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
marigold
Too Hot

Post subject: The Administrators Question Time. Reply with quote

Would Shan, Mike and Willo be up for a few questions - after the holidays - when we are all full of dinner and sitting at our computer trying to aviod chores and work? Laughing I know It's way too busy just now.

I have always wanted to ask you 3x what you look forward to on The Forum and did you ever see yourselves in a role like this?

What is your funniest memory of Posts - when did you turn around to your partner and say "Listen to this" - because you are like Principals in a wild/wonderful reform school sometimes? I really always imagine Shan - in my minds eye/dressed like a St. Trinians Girl! -
Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:12 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
the-ska-knight
Too Hot

Post subject: Reply with quote

Given his previous posts and unashamed lustful crush on Shan, the suggestion of her dressed up as a St Trinians girl possibly just made Nanker a Wanker......... Laughing
PostPosted:
Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:38 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
gaz
Ska Face
Ska Face

feck me marigold , , you've just about asked the fecking lot ! ! !

anyway , , can we have the answers please . . Very Happy
Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:21 pm
Arch
Special

I really always imagine Shan - in my minds eye/dressed like a St. Trinians Girl! -

Laughing I sometimes imagine Mike & Willo like that which is deeply disturbing to me! Laughing Crying or Very sad
Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:29 pm
the-ska-knight
Too Hot

Arch wrote:
I really always imagine Shan - in my minds eye/dressed like a St. Trinians Girl! -

Laughing I sometimes imagine Mike & Willo like that which is deeply disturbing to me! Laughing Crying or Very sad

Says the man who once sang "A Message To You Rudy" in a pair of big girl's BIG knickers!
PostPosted:
Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:33 pm
MIKE CORNWELL
Site Admin
Site Admin

Im up for it no problem,what do I look forward to? well unfortunately not as much as I used to but I'll not go into that lol,I look forward to people posting news about The Specials and the ska scene in general,new pictures or videos of the band,any stories forum members have past and present linked to the band or band members,reading some of your witty banter that goes on and just seeing what a broad spectrum of people we have on here in general.

Did I ever see myself doing this role?

Well I joined up on this forum many moons ago,1996 ish I think, when Mk2 Specials were going,Miles was getting busier and didnt have as much time as he would like to spend on here as he would have liked.Myself & Shan volunteered to give some help due to this,we were kept busy trying to keep the site afloat due it it being regularly spam-botted it was ridiculos at times,later when Shan was busy I asked forum member & good friend of mine Paul Willo if he wanted to help out with the admin.It was a perfect choice and we all know,being as big if not bigger Specials fan than me.The rest is history we have seen allsorts on here ,people come and go,all walks of life,every type of conversation,you name it its been on here,too hard to think of anything inparticular.The main reason I do it is down to one fact as that is purely and simply my undying passion for the best fuckin band in the world- The Specials !

Nanker a wanker, never, surley hes just a darling Laughing (Joke) (we dont do verbal abuse to other members on here do we boys n girls)

Another other questions are most welcome Wink

www.thespecials.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TheSpecials2Com/245413985501746
PostPosted:
Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:51 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
Arch
Special

Says the man who once sang "A Message To You Rudy" in a pair of big girl's BIG knickers

Laughing Laughing Fuck me back into therapy I go... just got over that!
Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:34 pm
marigold
Too Hot

Mike Cornwell - thank you, I have learned a lot from your answers and value your opinions and time. There is a real dignity to your consideration of Forum members and obviously The Specials fans, which sets a tone of tremendous worth.
Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:31 am
Stevo
Too Hot

Post subject: For Shan: Reply with quote

My one question is this:
Have you tried pressing the red 'On' button at the back? Very Happy

Ah happy days.......

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kifaru-Roots-Rockers-Reggae/353161905852

www.kifaru.co.uk

http://www.myspace.com/kifarureggae
PostPosted:
Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:11 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
Paul Willo
Site Admin
Site Admin

what do i look forward to? Peace and unity LOL (like fuck!)

It is a Specials forum and no matter what anyone says I look forward to related stuff on the band, reviews, videos, info, just the passion that people have for the band. The fact that the band read the site (all 7) stands testament to the way we run things, and we always get messages from the lads saying they enjoyed this, enjoyed that...thats great. I like good debate on here - we get great threads going only to be disappointed by the inane and pointless bitching that closes them down. I look forward to seeing mates old and new still posting, the whole melting pot mix- its a rich tapestry oh yes!

Did I ever see myself in this role?
Well,it was something I was interested in doing but it wasnt until Mike asked me outright that I jumped at the chance. Ive been on board some years now and it is an honour to serve the best fuckin band in the world! We have since moved forward to a sleeker , better maintained forum and even though people moan about censoring- you still get away with more on here than most band/music based forums,that should be remembered.We try to help forum members with pre-sale advantages, sometimes downloads, just little things to make it a bit more fluent and a good place to be- and thats how I want it to stay as do the others Im sure. Its great I think that the band have taken genuine interest in the forum and its members.This admin role is great and I wouldnt change it for the world.

Funniest memories?
simply posting jokes doesnt make it funny for me- its when a thread develops - but in general, there are too many to recall! Theres some years worth to rake through!

any more -just ask away. Cool
www.theskapones.co.uk

www.youtube.com/paulska67

www.roddyradiation.com

PostPosted:
Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:29 am
chemode
Too Hot

Great answers from both Mike and Willo....Thanks,

Can I say that on a personal note the forum has given me the opportunity to meet loads of new people, see new bands, get my tickets for the specials gigs early and to enjoy the various posts and threads....

Its a great forum and long may it continue...Keep up the good work admin, we love you!!! (In a brotherly / sisterly way)!!
Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:37 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Harry
Too Hot

Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:16 pm
Shan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Marigold what an unexpected post - thank you Smile

Firstly, the last time I did the St Trinians thing I was about 18 and it wasn't to go to a gig - nowadays the words "mutton" and "lamb" spring to mind at the very thought! Laughing
Well Mike just about covered the admin role bit. I joined up after finding the forum and thinking "fuck me, there's a Specials forum - brilliant!!" From going to endless ska gigs, which I did back then, I got to meet a few of the original forum members - Mike, Hazza, Willo and others, and got to know a few more across the miles via email, such as Loonie, Hugh, Toasty.
The forum's had it's quiet times but recently, for some reason, Wink it went mental which was great!
I love seeing people's reaction to Specials news, and the banter that follows, reviews, photos & videos. I love reading about people's excitement about the gigs, mainly for the Specials but for all ska band enthusiasm, and it's really good to hear about newly educated people getting into the scene per se. At times I have been in tears with the witty posts of some people, I enjoy a good debate and have rolled my eyes on many occassions at the unnecessary petty squabbles but it that's life. Funniest moment - possibly the one about Ye Olde Coventrye Laughing
The thing that gets me the most though, is the cameraderie on here - the friendships which have been formed, the way people have gone to great efforts to organise pre-gig parties, to introduce themselves to other forum members and also to make sure nobody feels left out if they're on their own going to a gig.
Ex Mr Shan who when he first met me said "I never liked the Specials" changed his mind and went to 2 gigs in 2009, current Mr Shan hadn't heard too much of them but now has a much better appreciation of our boys, so I'm happy Wink
So I'd like to say a big thanks to all of you for the fun, the friendships, the debates, the passion, and most of all for keeping the faith Very Happy
Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:46 pm
yorkshire rude boy
Ska Face
Ska Face

i think its the members of this forum that should be doing the thankyous run great by great people for members. Very Happy Very Happy oh happy christmas everybody
PostPosted:
Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:42 pm
dapper
Ska Face
Ska Face

my one question.anybody got any pictures of shan in the st trinians gear Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:47 pm
chemode
Too Hot

dapper wrote:
my one question.anybody got any pictures of shan in the st trinians gear Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Only in my head Wink
Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:58 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Stevo
Too Hot

dapper wrote:

Nope but I have this little gem I like to roll out every now & again:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kifaru-Roots-Rockers-Reggae/353161905852

www.kifaru.co.uk

http://www.myspace.com/kifarureggae
PostPosted:
Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:59 pm
marigold
Too Hot

AND - there is a line forming behind!
Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:12 pm
Paul Willo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Harry wrote:

quality harry- sheer quality Very Happy
www.theskapones.co.uk

www.youtube.com/paulska67

www.roddyradiation.com

PostPosted:
Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:26 pm

I guess before long the Pool table photo will get re-posted eh Shan?

I have had and continue to have a great time here and Shan's comment about the way we as fans we go out of our way to be all inclusive is just so true.

From a london angle the London pre gigs are awsome, I as part of the organising team, am always stunned by the numbers that turn turn up.

Nanks & I actually thought we were taking a very big risk when we decided to put the RAH one on so far away (in London terms) from the RAH but it was still well packed.

That says it all for me, at the end of the day its all happened because of this forum and the work Shan, Mike & Paul (and their various partners) have put in endlessly on our behalf.
PostPosted:
Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:30 pm
Top of Page