Too Hot

Post subject: The Original 2 Tone Central Reply with quote

I wish I Was There Now Very Happy

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:05 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Harry
Too Hot

Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week I was sent to Coventry to give a talk to art students. I've always wanted to know what Coventry was like and now I know.
All the staff and students at the college were great and I enjoyed seeing all the different studios in the college.
One of the senior lecturers there is an old friend of Horace and we went round the 2-Tone museum together. She had lots of great stories about witnessing Jerry jumping on a succession of car bonnets and then seeing him (years later) return to the college to pick up a special honorary degree. In the photo below I think she is pointing out where she was standing when the photo on the back of More Specials was taken. She spoke of Horace in glowing terms. I told her that I'd never met him but that he'd kindly answered loads of questions for me for my blog and that his partner (who helps run his website) had been super helpful and poilte. And she nodded and said again how generous he was to everyone.

The museum was having a bit of a re-hang (I think there is a new exhibit being installed or something) but I did get to see a huge amount of classic photos and memrobelia as well as a video of Willo with some sunglasses on his head chatting about why he liked the Specials. I nearly tripped over a Terry Hall statue and then I went to a cafe called The Herbert and enjoyed a Shepherd's Pie.

I got paid quite a lot of money to talk about myself for an hour and then I returned home to dizzy London
Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:23 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message

Post subject: Reply with quote

KOOL Cool
PostPosted:
Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:48 am
Top of Page