Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information London International Ska Festival 2012 - 3 - 6th May

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Upcoming Events  Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage

Post subject: London International Ska Festival 2012 - 3 - 6th May Reply with quote

I got my ticket.....

...you got yours?

I'd love to see more of you there next year as this year was bloody great.

We had superstars of ska, rocksteady, JA R&B and reggae dating back 50 or more years alongside amazing international acts also showing decades of experience.

There are early bird tickets available now for a ton.

BUY ONE.

See you all there.
PostPosted:
Tue May 17, 2011 11:44 pm
Top of Page

Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you'll see me there Nanks Very Happy - but since you saw me there this year, you won't be surprised I'm going to next years one as well
PostPosted:
Wed May 18, 2011 10:30 pm
Top of Page
seanjamdown
Too Hot

You'll see me there to! Laughing
PostPosted:
Thu May 19, 2011 6:27 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Skanights
Gangster
Gangster

oh, go on then.

Cool
Thu May 19, 2011 8:29 pm
Hugh
Too Hot

Couldn't you give us more advanced notice. Very Happy
Thu May 19, 2011 9:11 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail

seanjamdown wrote:
You'll see me there to! Laughing

Think it's fair to say Sean that it wouldn't work without you there Smile
PostPosted:
Thu May 19, 2011 9:57 pm
Top of Page
seanjamdown
Too Hot

Click on image for earlybird tickets>>>

PostPosted:
Fri May 20, 2011 6:05 pm
skacid
Too Hot

I'll have to check my diary Wink

www.chillisound.co.uk

http://38degrees.org.uk/
PostPosted:
Fri May 20, 2011 6:13 pm
seanjamdown
Too Hot

We are delighted to announce after the huge success of The London Intl Ska Festival’s return this year we will be making it an annual event. 2012′s festival will be held on 3-6 May’12, with 30 bands & DJs from all over the world!
We are offering the first 100 x 4 day tickets at an earlybird/discounted price of £99.99 – saving you £40! And no booking fee! Grab these fast if you can as they went very quickly for the last festival.

We are also delighted to announce that next years fest will be held across 3 venues (one wristband gets you into all of them)… The Brixton Academy, The Sheperds Bush Empire and The Islington Academy. All 3 venues welcome 14 years of age and up (under 16′s must be accompanied by an adult).

The line up details will start to follow shortly. If you enjoyed 2011′s festival, 2012 is going to raise the standard even higher! We are currently programming a truly exceptional lineup… so expect some more world exclusives and another world-beating 4 day celebration of SKA in all it’s beautiful guises. I can’t tell you how excited I am about this. Please note we are not taking any applications from bands or DJs for 2012. We already have enough to fill the next 3 years!

Earlybird tickets can be bought here http://www.londoninternationalskafestival.co.uk/tickets/
Festival merchandise can be bought here http://www.londoninternationalskafestival.co.uk/shop/ including preordering the 2011′s film, book and album. Every sale helps towards next years festival.
Please invite your facebook friends to the event page at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=175967799125277

>>>
PostPosted:
Mon May 23, 2011 3:39 pm
the-ska-knight
Too Hot

I'm not entirely sure if I think that's good or not Sean. I guess it depends on how you work the line-ups, but they're not exactly only a couple of minutes apart! And I can see that maybe be more of a pain than a help! They're clearly all more central than Clapham, but once you got there, that was it.

Also, if LT do their relatively regular weekend lock-down on great chunks of the system, it'd make travelling between the venues really difficult.

I'm not trying to knock what you're doing - but they're my immediate thoughts on reading that update.
PostPosted:
Mon May 23, 2011 6:24 pm
the-ska-knight
Too Hot

Unless of course it's one venue per day? In which case ignore everything I just wrote! Very Happy
PostPosted:
Mon May 23, 2011 6:28 pm
skacid
Too Hot

the-ska-knight wrote:
Unless of course it's one venue per day? In which case ignore everything I just wrote! Very Happy

One venue a day Wink

www.chillisound.co.uk

PostPosted:
Mon May 23, 2011 7:00 pm
seanjamdown
Too Hot

Yes, one venue per day. Certain line ups we're putting together are bigger then others, hence using the different sized venues.
PostPosted:
Tue May 24, 2011 7:49 pm
seanjamdown
Too Hot

We are delighted to announce the first 2 bands to be added to next years London International Ska Festival are, one of 2 Tone's greatest musicians and writers Neol Davies aka The Selecter and the original line up of one of the best ska bands Britain has ever produced - the Hotknives.

NEOL DAVIES AKA THE SELECTER
As the founder and songwriter of The Selecter Neol Davies penned a string of classic 2 Tone hits that resonate as much today as they ever did. 'Too Much Pressure', 'On My Radio', 'Three Minute Hero', 'Missing Words', 'Celebrate The Bullet' and the instrumental that sparked it all, the sublime AA-side to The Specials 'Gangsters', 'The Selecter' by The Selecter. 30 years on Neol returns with a sharp and powerful ten piece band, classic hits and scorching new songs, bringing the 2 Tone style and passion into the 21st century.

Neol Davies aka The Selecter live at KOKO, London: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsXVqgr9AMw

HOTKNIVES
Alongside world-class performances from Ken Boothe, Marcia Griffiths, Dave & Ansel's superb reformation and Rico Rodriguez guesting with The Trojans, the Hotknives were the highlight of this year's London Intl Ska Festival. They were quite simply phenomenal raising the roof with a superb performance which won them the biggest crowd reaction of the festival. Due to huge popular demand we are delighted to have the original line up of the Hotknives returning next year. Their superb anthemic songwriting made them hugely popular all over the UK, Europe and beyond. Their underground classic hits such as 'Dave & Mary', 'Don't Go Away', 'Driving Me Mad' and 'Crying' still pick up worldwide airplay to this day. Amongst rumours of a brand new album, we are honoured to have them back for the third time!

Hotknives live at The London Intl Ska Festival 2011: www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U-bFhjh_CY4

>>>

Further band and DJ announcements coming very soon, including Jamaican legends, 2 Tone heros and a host of international names.

**Please note we are not taking applications from bands or DJs. We already have enough artists to fill the next 3 years. However we will be launching a worldwide competition up to bands to win themselves an opening slot on next years festival. Join the mailing list at www.londoninternationalskafestival.co.uk to find out more.

EARLYBIRD/DISCOUNTED TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW
We are offering the first 100 x 4 day tickets at an earlybird/discounted price of £99.99 – saving you over £30! And no booking fee! Grab these fast if you can as they went very quickly for the last festival. Available now at www.londoninternationalskafestival.co.uk/tickets/

>>>
PostPosted:
Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:34 pm
mangeire
Gangster
Gangster

Great stuff Sean, I think for me the Hotknives did steal the show this year, looking forward to seeing them again

http://www.youtube.com/user/mangeire
PostPosted:
Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:46 pm
skacid
Too Hot

Hard at it i see then Sean Very Happy Cool

www.chillisound.co.uk

PostPosted:
Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:21 pm
des b
Gangster
Gangster

The Hotknives are the dogs bollocks - seen them live many times over the years and they are always excellent, looking forward to catching them at the festival next year. Very Happy
Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:41 am

It's going to be another one not to miss
PostPosted:
Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:09 pm
Top of Page
Liam_Ska
Too Hot

Sean - any chance of getting Venezuelan ska band Desorden Público at the 2012 festival?

Their latest album 'Los Contrarios' is great.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TimeTunnelLondon
PostPosted:
Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:54 pm
seanjamdown
Too Hot

Liam_Ska wrote:
Sean - any chance of getting Venezuelan ska band Desorden Público at the 2012 festival?

Their latest album 'Los Contrarios' is great.

I'd love to get them Liam. Couldn't get it to work this year. Haven't heard the new album but will track it down. Nice one.
PostPosted:
Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:52 pm