Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information Jerry Dammers / Sunday Service

Post new topic Reply to topic
TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Jerry Dammers  Goto page Previous  1, 2 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Sugarman
Too Hot


Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Posts: 6030
Location: Sun Valley

Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reminder The BBC didn't list Ghost Planet Mad I'll add it later Smile
_________________
I'm having bags of fun
PostPosted:
Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:28 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Imani
Too Hot


Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 1605
Location: Bradford

Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugarman wrote:
StevieB wrote:
I didn't realise "Blackbird" existed well before The Beatles or did I misunderstand what JD said


Blackbird singing in the dead of the night Question Arrow The Selecter - Bristol & Miami Smile

I had to record this show on a TDK 120 Cassette Remember them ?

Jerry's Sunday Setlist

Johnny Arthey Orchestra - World Without Love
Sun Ra - Call For All Demons
The Abyssinian Baptist Gospel Choir - You Can’t Make Me Doubt Him
Eden Ahbez - Eden’s Island
Vernon Allen - Babylon
Charlie Organaire - Little Village
Soul Vendors & The Gaylads - Sound Of Silence
Jackie Mittoo - Nature Boy
Marcia Griffiths - Dreamland
Roslyn Sweat & The Paragons - Blackbird
Tommy McCook - Sweet Lorna
Milt Raskin - Maika
Sun Ra - There Are Other Worlds (
They Have Not Told You About)
The King's Singers - Strawberry Fields Forever
The Swingle Singers & The Modern Jazz Quartet - Vendome
Paris Studio Group - Voices In The Wind
Automation - Reggae Direction
Fly Me To The Sun - Solar Heating
United Vibrations - Journey
Flying Lotus - Manhattan Thundercats
Junior Delgado - Armed Robbery
Kode9 & The SpaceApe - Neon Red Sign
The Bug - Tune In Ft. Roots Manuva
Gil Scott-Heron - Me And The Devil
Gappy Ranks - Mountain Top

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">


And here's the full show on Mixcloud.

Eden Ahbez's 'Eden's Island' is one I'm enjoying. And 'Babylon'.
Ghost Planet sounds great.

http://www.mixcloud.com/tag/jerry-dammers/
_________________
Piano music page on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/imanipiano
PostPosted:
Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:12 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
mangeire
Gangster
Gangster


Joined: 22 Mar 2005
Posts: 412
Location: Dublin

Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thanks Imani, had missed this first time around.
PostPosted:
Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:44 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Imani
Too Hot


Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 1605
Location: Bradford

Post subject: Reply with quote

mangeire wrote:
Great thanks Imani, had missed this first time around.


No probs, mangeire. I also missed most of the show first time around and there are only about five of those songs even on Youtube.

No doubt as to where some of the influences upon the original B side of More Specials came from, and In The Studio.
_________________
Piano music page on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/imanipiano
PostPosted:
Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:09 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Sugarman
Too Hot


Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Posts: 6030
Location: Sun Valley

Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link I found a while ago, I originally recorded the programme using a TDK 120 Min Cassette Laughing

[Expires 04-08-2014]

http://www.adrive.com/public/mxE2Hx/JCSS20110529~JERRYDAMMERSin.zip
_________________
I'm having bags of fun
PostPosted:
Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:57 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Imani
Too Hot


Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 1605
Location: Bradford

Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugarman wrote:
Here's a link I found a while ago, I originally recorded the programme using a TDK 120 Min Cassette Laughing

[Expires 04-08-2014]

http://www.adrive.com/public/mxE2Hx/JCSS20110529~JERRYDAMMERSin.zip


Thanks Sugarman.

And there was me thinking I was the last to own a cassette player (although a TDK 120 would be splurging it for me). Smile
_________________
Piano music page on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/imanipiano
PostPosted:
Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:41 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Sugarman
Too Hot


Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Posts: 6030
Location: Sun Valley

Post subject: Reply with quote

Imani wrote:
Sugarman wrote:
Here's a link I found a while ago, I originally recorded the programme using a TDK 120 Min Cassette Laughing

[Expires 04-08-2014]

http://www.adrive.com/public/mxE2Hx/JCSS20110529~JERRYDAMMERSin.zip


Thanks Sugarman.

And there was me thinking I was the last to own a cassette player (although a TDK 120 would be splurging it for me). Smile



No problem, I can't believe I just found this TDK advert Smile


_________________
I'm having bags of fun
PostPosted:
Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:45 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Imani
Too Hot


Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 1605
Location: Bradford

Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugarman wrote:
Imani wrote:
Sugarman wrote:
Here's a link I found a while ago, I originally recorded the programme using a TDK 120 Min Cassette Laughing

[Expires 04-08-2014]

http://www.adrive.com/public/mxE2Hx/JCSS20110529~JERRYDAMMERSin.zip


Thanks Sugarman.

And there was me thinking I was the last to own a cassette player (although a TDK 120 would be splurging it for me). Smile



No problem, I can't believe I just found this TDK advert Smile



This will be in my head for the next few minutes, annoyingly. Laughing
_________________
Piano music page on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/imanipiano
PostPosted:
Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:27 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT
Post new topic Reply to topic
TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Jerry Dammers Goto page Previous  1, 2 

Jump to:  
Key
  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Community powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group :: Theme & Graphics by Daz