Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information BREAKING NEWS- OFFICIAL SPECIALS PRE-GIG PARTY-BE THERE

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Pre-gig parties & meet ups  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Rankin Robbo
Too Hot

Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know Aunty Shan's still on the scene. Cheers Brother Willo for the clarification. Cool
Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:06 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Caragh
Special

I'm gonna try really hard not to sound bitter!!! Well done guys for setting this up, musta took some work and is a fab thing for us forum members. However...it is a bit exclusionary (is that even a word!!) if you aint going to that gig and live miles away. London is an expensive option for most people unless you have good rail connection or someone to stay with. I'm going to two gigs but won't get the CD etc as not going to the 'right' one Sad Twisted Evil

Moan moan, yeah its just tough luck etc etc but when ya feel you're missing out its no fun. Everything always happens down south...its pants Crying or Very sad

I do genuinely mean this though....to all going, I hope you have the bestest time ever Very Happy
PostPosted:
Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:23 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
kennybacon
Special

I won't be at the Ally Pally and I am pretty jealous already, but hats off to Willo and Mike for sorting this for the forum members.

I hope you all have a great time and I am pretty sure you all will
Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:13 am

Caragh wrote:
However...it is a bit exclusionary (is that even a word!!) if you aint going to that gig and live miles away. London is an expensive option for most people unless you have good rail connection or someone to stay with. I'm going to two gigs but won't get the CD etc as not going to the 'right' one Sad Twisted Evil

During the last tour TTN and I sort of fell into organizing the Hand and Flower pre-show for the RAH gig, and what we intended to be a little get together turned out to be something that people really remember. I was inspired by Boy About Town doing his pre-shows at The Canterbury Arms, again something that stuck in people's minds, because it was people who love the music pulling something together so that like minded souls could have a great afternoon, meet new people and go to the gigs together on a high.

This year fans are putting on free pre shows up and down the country.

If you really wanna join in and feel part of it, I recommend you get yourself involved. What gigs are you going to? Is there anything planned ahead of them? Why not plan it yourself, or get involved? We discovered that if you put the event on, people will come to it. I don't doubt anyone going to non-Ally Pally pre-shows organised on a 'smaller' scale will have any less fun on the day. We're still doing a Brixton event and I guarantee people will enjoy it, I know we'll have a packed house and have to turn people away and I know no one will leave unsatisfied.

You can't please all of the people all of the time.....but you can try and please yourself.
PostPosted:
Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:11 am
Top of Page
chemode
Too Hot

Nanker Phelge wrote:
Caragh wrote:
However...it is a bit exclusionary (is that even a word!!) if you aint going to that gig and live miles away. London is an expensive option for most people unless you have good rail connection or someone to stay with. I'm going to two gigs but won't get the CD etc as not going to the 'right' one Sad Twisted Evil

During the last tour TTN and I sort of fell into organizing the Hand and Flower pre-show for the RAH gig, and what we intended to be a little get together turned out to be something that people really remember. I was inspired by Boy About Town doing his pre-shows at The Canterbury Arms, again something that stuck in people's minds, because it was people who love the music pulling something together so that like minded souls could have a great afternoon, meet new people and go to the gigs together on a high.

This year fans are putting on free pre shows up and down the country.

If you really wanna join in and feel part of it, I recommend you get yourself involved. What gigs are you going to? Is there anything planned ahead of them? Why not plan it yourself, or get involved? We discovered that if you put the event on, people will come to it. I don't doubt anyone going to non-Ally Pally pre-shows organised on a 'smaller' scale will have any less fun on the day. We're still doing a Brixton event and I guarantee people will enjoy it, I know we'll have a packed house and have to turn people away and I know no one will leave unsatisfied.

You can't please all of the people all of the time.....but you can try and please yourself.

I totally agree with all of the above and have to say that the pre-gig at the Hand and Flower was one of the best I have been to.... !!
Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:18 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
skacid
Too Hot

Nice one Mike & Paul, count me in Cool Very Happy

If you need a hand give me a shout Wink

www.chillisound.co.uk

http://38degrees.org.uk/
PostPosted:
Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:19 am
Loopzilla
Ska Face
Ska Face

Top banana! Very Happy

Really excited about this. Would like to meet some of the faces behind the avatars that I read about on here. Smile
Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:24 am
Prince Rambo
Ska Face
Ska Face

Noooooooooooooooooooooo, They've sold out for Alexandra Palace! If anyone has a spare or two please remember little old Prince Rambo! Sad
Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:01 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
chemode
Too Hot

Loopzilla wrote:
Top banana! Very Happy

Really excited about this. Would like to meet some of the faces behind the avatars that I read about on here. Smile

I'll be the one in a balaclava Cool
Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:18 am

Well said Nanks
PostPosted:
Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:41 am
Top of Page
Loopzilla
Ska Face
Ska Face

chemode wrote:
Loopzilla wrote:
Top banana! Very Happy

What colour? Laughing
Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Prince Rambo wrote:
Noooooooooooooooooooooo, They've sold out for Alexandra Palace! If anyone has a spare or two please remember little old Prince Rambo! Sad

Someone will have one nearer the time. They always do. Just turn up and you'll get in.
PostPosted:
Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:43 pm
Top of Page
Graham
Too Hot

Toche Nanks, and I agree Chemode, it was a cracking Do, didnt want to leave. It was good to meet up with some of you, and well worth the 200 + miles.

Cya'll tomorrow chaps.

PS Im not going to the Ally Pally neither, well not as yet, but these thingss change from day to day, and Id still travel down without a ticket.

I'd get where a fart wouldnt me Wink
Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:02 pm
Captain Skalett
Ska Face
Ska Face

Well, i have to say that's gonna make Ally Pally one hell of a Special day. Count me in. Big Thanks to Willo and Mike.

http://www.youtube.com/user/paulmillerification?feature=mhum
PostPosted:
Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:03 pm
Hugh
Too Hot

But if memories were all I sang, I'd rather drive a truck

Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:12 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
chemode
Too Hot

Loopzilla wrote:
chemode wrote:
Loopzilla wrote:
Top banana! Very Happy

What colour? Laughing

Why, Balck and White check of course!!! The same as Nankers !!! Laughing
Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:45 pm
Fester
Too Hot

Dear Mr Bank Manager Sir,

Regarding the overdraft arrangement in respect of my ongoing research into the sociological and cultural effects of the curious phenomenon known as "Dad Skanking", I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding re my upcoming field trips to Belfast, Northern Ireland, and Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

At your convenience please can you arrange the same again as I need to arrange an urgent London, England attendance in November to witness some of the finest exponents of this noble and ancient tradition "in the flesh" as it were. A modest arrangement of about 500 Euros should affray the expense of travel & accomadation and a small amount of food/drink.

Much Love,

Fester.

PS: I still have those polaroids of you in the high heels and leather mini skirt you kinky git so I trust the above will meet with your swift approval.
PostPosted:
Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:51 pm
bombscare79
Special

Fester wrote:
Dear Mr Bank Manager Sir,

Regarding the overdraft arrangement in respect of my ongoing research into the sociological and cultural effects of the curious phenomenon known as "Dad Skanking", I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding re my upcoming field trips to Belfast, Northern Ireland, and Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

At your convenience please can you arrange the same again as I need to arrange an urgent London, England attendance in November to witness some of the finest exponents of this noble and ancient tradition "in the flesh" as it were. A modest arrangement of about 500 Euros should affray the expense of travel & accomadation and a small amount of food/drink.

Much Love,

Fester.

PS: I still have those polaroids of you in the high heels and leather mini skirt you kinky git so I trust the above will meet with your swift approval.
Fuck him... tell him you now have a job with news international and you will make up all sorts of shit about his family if you dont get free money
Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:06 pm
skinheadface
Too Hot

Great news,thanks admin,see you there people Very Happy Very Happy
Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:47 pm
ketteringphil
Special

Hats off to Nanker and Tom,I know both have worked really hard on a pre-gig for this one ( and Brixton). The R A H one was brilliant,made some great friends there,and I for one wish `em all the luck in the world with future ventures.
Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:21 pm