Information The Specials in Belfast

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » 30th & beyond Anniversary Tour Chat   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
RobSkaman
Gangster
Gangster

Post subject: The Specials in Belfast Reply with quote

What a night from start to finish, The Specials where immense the crowd was fantastic the venue perfect.
The best live band ever by far Smile
PostPosted:
Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:25 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
The Fifth Earl
Ska Face
Ska Face

Post subject: Reply with quote

Must say, considering it was the first night of the tour they were exceptionally good,

Belfast crowd absolutely fantastic, am now having to seriously consider decison not to go to either of the London gigs!
PostPosted:
Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:40 pm
bombscare79
Special

Post subject: Re: The Specials in Belfast Reply with quote

RobSkaman wrote:
What a night from start to finish, The Specials where immense the crowd was fantastic the venue perfect.
The best live band ever by far Smile
The crowd at the front were great but at the rest of the venue they were shite - no interaction at all- probably because most people were completely hammered............................................................................................
Jury is out for me on the venue... i thought the sound was poor at times but i dont know if that was the venue, mixing or where the mixing desk was situated ( right in the middle). I couldnt hear Brad's snare at the back and fuck me its the heart of the band. There was also a faulty lead being used somewhere- you could hear it cracking on a few songs..............HOWEVER... "The best live band ever by far" still impress every time. i thought the horn section were fucking unreal and the highlight for me was Brad opening the show under a spot light with the intro to do the dog..
Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:03 pm
bombscare79
Special

Oh aye ........................ I got to watch the sound check............awesome..................................... get it up yees.
Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:05 pm
thebarber37
Gangster
Gangster

was up the side vip bit,thought the sound was class?well were i was anyway Rolling Eyes all i know is i couldnt stand still but whats new there Laughing thats what i want from music i love,to let go,let the hair down and enjoy..had 3 beer at the gig so a sober enough my opinion...thought it was one of the best gigs ive seen cause i usually prefer the dublin olympias and manchester apollo style venues so for outside was unreal and better than expected....thought the garrick was good before,the staff at belsonic nice,the people around me all friendly and met half of armagh st ronnie drews afterwards Laughing the folk of belfast in the kebab house at about 3.a.m even get a mention all friendly Very Happy the band were all awesome,very tight i thought,and brass well ye woulnt be without them eh,class!!!!!and i couldnt believe nev wasnt down to his usual vest or jacket loss after 3 songs,all looked immaculate and sharp Wink wasnt that cold was it?nope...lynval said sorry to all for takin so long to visit belfast at the end near..and if i had a pound for eveyone beside me that said i like your fred perry (checkerboard in white) Laughing Laughing yep what ye,d expect from veterans of the world of music, pure class folk pure class Wink thank you lads for making a lot folk happy and roll on the next gig........to the few i heard muttering negative vibes afterwards, yer all intitled to your opinion having paid for a ticket,but do me favour!! and do the x,factor tour instead next time!!! Evil or Very Mad if ye wana moan

Last edited by thebarber37 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostPosted:
Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:55 pm
bombscare79
Special

i was in the vip area and left as the crowd beside me were so steaming drunk they kept falling all over me and my mrs before the show had even started. I ended up going back to it as the sound was better than at the back.
id still take that over the x factor any day..... Id watch The Specials under water and still enjoy it......................................................................... The sound check was just priceless- Brad banging away on his own- horns- horace on his own- Man at C&A with everything turned down except the horns- it was emotional ill tell ye.
Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:56 pm
Fester
Too Hot

Fair play to those that made it into the soundcheck!

There were a lot of well lubricated revellers alright, I must be getting old to have noticed. Embarassed
PostPosted:
Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:02 pm
bombscare79
Special

Fester wrote:
Fair play to those that made it into the soundcheck!

There were a lot of well lubricated revellers alright, I must be getting old to have noticed. Embarassed
I dont drink at The Specials gigs cos i dont want to be in the pisser during my favourite songs. Its hard to do but i certainly make up for it afterwards............ Im a hardened drinker with 30 years on my cv and ive not seen so many people who could have been at Take That and wouldnt have known the difference... I dont see the point but if thats what you want to do then go for it---- just dont fall all over me..... Still a great show...The start with Brad on his own under a spotlight playing the start of do the dog was just UNREAL for me
Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:09 pm
RobSkaman
Gangster
Gangster

Thought the crowd where amazing, i actually thought there where very few drunk people about and everyone singing and having a fantastic time.
I enjoyed a few pre gig drinks in the Garrick with my pals and meeting a lot of new friends some from this site.
Got given a double cd by a member of the road crew after he seen my tattoo, you can hear the atmosphere at the gig and it sounds brilliant.
Cant wait to the Ally Pally... Cool Cool Cool
PostPosted:
Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:50 am
HarryJ185
Gangster
Gangster

I was in the vip area with my wife. Unfortunately there were two people in front of us who came out for a catch up so they were neither listening nor watching the specials. At one point my wife complained about how much money we had spent and it was not to listen to them. We then moved up closer to the front where the atmosphere was far better. No band playing live can match the specials. Loved the fact terry sang I wont dance in a square like this during nite klub
PostPosted:
Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:55 am
munchkin
Stereotype

Just wondering, did Roddy look to be having a good time up on stage?
PostPosted:
Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:24 pm
Mac The Knife
Ska Face
Ska Face

HarryJ185 wrote:
I was in the vip area with my wife. Unfortunately there were two people in front of us who came out for a catch up so they were neither listening nor watching the specials. At one point my wife complained about how much money we had spent and it was not to listen to them. We then moved up closer to the front where the atmosphere was far better. No band playing live can match the specials. Loved the fact terry sang I wont dance in a square like this during nite klub

The VIP area is generally filled by complimentary tickets to bar owners, drink reps and z list local celebraties who've no interest in the band - best to avoid!
Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:36 pm
RobSkaman
Gangster
Gangster

Agree with Mac The Knife on this one, get yerself upto the front in with the real fans and dance like feck... Very Happy Very Happy
PostPosted:
Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:33 pm