Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information Pre Party For Brighton and Bournemouth

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Pre-gig parties & meet ups  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Caragh
Special

Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on lads....you've actually made me cry, the sensitive tit that I am. Love you all, love all the events that are on - even though I'm only going to Notts and love the bestest band in de world as we all do, so lets all be cool hey? Surprised Embarassed

Now I'll sit back and wait for the abuse for daring to stick my oar in or not letting people air their opinions etc etc Laughing
PostPosted:
Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:07 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Paul Willo
Site Admin
Site Admin

This site is here to celebrate the band (thats all 6 not individuals and yes we include Jerry Dammers before his foot soldiers pipe up)- if people want to deride them or just drag it into the gutter then as far as Im concerned they can well and truly piss off. I for one have had it with all the snide comments. Rant over.- and be warned, any posts doing the above will be deleted. Very Happy
www.theskapones.co.uk

www.youtube.com/paulska67

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TheSpecials2Com/245413985501746

www.roddyradiation.com

PostPosted:
Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:52 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail

Oh what's happened here, my post was not meant as being anything other than to defend Nanks - but just to put the record straight from my side of the fence.

Paul, you did tell us that there was something big planned for the Ally Pally & yes we (I) despite that hint of stuff in the pipeline kept on working on stuff because at the time nothing was certain as I recall.

You even promised to tell us first when it was all confirmed - As soon as your post about it went up here Nanks rang me & said we should stop everything and get behind the official one.

I, to be honest, was of the opinion that we should carry on with ours and just use the Worlds End or another pub at the bottom of the hill.

Nanks pointed out to me, that to do that would

A) create a possible conflict between forum members on which to attend, although the official one would have far greater numbers, ours would be very small by comparison - but any split would not be desirable.

B) If we did continue with ours we wouldn't be able to go to the official one, all of the organisers wanted to go to the official one.

C) If we stopped ours then we would be free to enjoy the fruits of other people's work and probably have a greater day for ourselves.

The only reason for posting this is to show that Mark was (is) behind the official pre gig from the moment it was known it was a deffo.

I only have one regret about our pre gig - we lost our DJ & Teflon's exhibition.

Other than that I too will be at the Ally Pally pre gig enjoying myself
PostPosted:
Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:16 am
Top of Page
Paul Willo
Site Admin
Site Admin

You still went ahead and carried on regardless. This ally pally do was massive to sort out, we couldnt just waltz up to the pub landlord could we?

You mentioned I said I would inform you- well the day you tried to interfere with the running of this forum is the day you lost any right to be told anything (neville staple? recall that????!)

You were told this was planned and like I reiterate, anyone aggrieved by our actions should stand up like a man (or woman) and remove themselves from the guest list. Time for piss taking is over.

I may have taken Marks comments out of context and for that I apologise openly but that is because I believe in everything about the reason we are all here- not the ska scene-which I have been involved with for over 25 years not 2 years- but The Specials. I want to help make this site promote the band in right direction. Yes I live and breathe the band I dont mind admitting ,they are my passion in life, and I dont give a fuck what anyone thinks about that- but the OFFICIAL do is what we have worked towards and I will defend it to the hilt so any slight on our efforts will be jumped on.

Now as I see it , its put up or shut up.End of.
www.theskapones.co.uk

www.roddyradiation.com

PostPosted:
Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:57 pm

Sorry Paul, I was just pointing that Nanks and I (and the rest of the team) are behind and support what's going to be a great day at the Ally Pally - that's all

As for the question thing - I asked that question relating to Nev in a PM to you because I was asked to as a forum member- I relayed your answer (It has never been mentioned to anybody other than the person who asked the question) and that was the end of it as far as I was concerned.

If asking that question has burnt my bridges as far as being informed about stuff goes - there's nothing I can do about that - except appologise for asking a question I was asked to.

I intend to be at the pre gig and I also intend to have a great time there followed by a Special's gig to round of the evening
PostPosted:
Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:32 pm
Top of Page
Hugh
Too Hot

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:52 pm
Ally
Too Hot

Even though I won't be going(I wish I was) I think it is a magnificent achievement that the people responsible for this Forum have managed to put this pre gig event on and that they have set it up for us members who let's face it give very little in return is WAY beyond the call of duty. I dread to think how much of their own time the dedicate to helping us out with Pre shows,Pre ticket sales not to mention all the info about the The Specials and various side projects,their heads must be fucking spinning,they don't do it for praise but they also don't do it for negative comments which must make them think what's the point.
I hope EVERYONE who is going to The Ally Pally gig has a fucking ball.

Willo you deserve a big medal mate,I hope it all goes fantastically well.
Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:36 pm
MIKE CORNWELL
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nicely said Ally Thanks Wink

www.thespecials.com

PostPosted:
Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:41 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
Ally
Too Hot

MIKE CORNWELL wrote:

Your more than welcome.
Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:45 pm
Hugh
Too Hot

I thought he had a metal plate. Very Happy
Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:46 pm
Ally
Too Hot

MIKE CORNWELL wrote:

I said to a couple of mates "can you imagine a few years ago thinking that you would be in Amsterdam watching The Specials"no chance, and if it wasn't for this forum and ALL the people who put their time into It I probably would not have been in Amsterdam and I certainly would not have met some amazing people. Anyway I'll get off this thread now.

Thank You.

Last edited by Ally on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
PostPosted:
Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:53 pm
LadySkaSka
Gangster
Gangster

Ally wrote:

I said to a couple of mates "can you imagine a few years ago thinking that you would be in Amsterdam watching The Specials"no chance, and if it wasn't for this forum and ALL the people who put their time into It I probably would not have been in Amsterdam and I certainly would have meet some amazing people. Anyway I'll get off this thread now.

Thank You.

I agree with you on this, Ally
(especially since you're one of the people I've met! Very Happy )
PostPosted:
Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:42 pm
Ally
Too Hot

LadySkaSka wrote:
Ally wrote:

I said to a couple of mates "can you imagine a few years ago thinking that you would be in Amsterdam watching The Specials"no chance, and if it wasn't for this forum and ALL the people who put their time into It I probably would not have been in Amsterdam and I certainly would have meet some amazing people. Anyway I'll get off this thread now.

Thank You.

I agree with you on this, Ally
(especially since you're one of the people I've met! Very Happy )

Ditto
I like Amsterdam I like The Specials.We had a good laugh didn't we all.
Very Happy

I think* that's all my spelling mistakes corrected. *hope
Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:56 pm
the-ska-knight
Too Hot

Dyou like Boats Ally? Very Happy
PostPosted:
Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:59 pm
Ally
Too Hot

And Ferries yes.

Sorry good people of Brighton and Bournmouth and Pre gig goers for clogging up your thread I am now
definitely leaving the thread.
Enjoy your gigs.
Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:15 pm
Paul Willo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ally wrote:
Even though I won't be going(I wish I was) I think it is a magnificent achievement that the people responsible for this Forum have managed to put this pre gig event on and that they have set it up for us members who let's face it give very little in return is WAY beyond the call of duty. I dread to think how much of their own time the dedicate to helping us out with Pre shows,Pre ticket sales not to mention all the info about the The Specials and various side projects,their heads must be fucking spinning,they don't do it for praise but they also don't do it for negative comments which must make them think what's the point.
I hope EVERYONE who is going to The Ally Pally gig has a fucking ball.

Willo you deserve a big medal mate,I hope it all goes fantastically well.

Thanks mate. Wink
www.theskapones.co.uk

www.roddyradiation.com

PostPosted:
Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:30 pm
Huntsman
Stereotype

Well bloody Hell Were a testie lot ! .I for one Cannot wait to meet somepeople i have not met before ,And maybe even Nanker again ! .Seriously whereever we are lets blow the roof of the place and go out with a bang .See you in Brighton Nanker , i take it your going ?
PostPosted:
Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:11 pm
Paul Willo
Site Admin
Site Admin

TTN wrote:

As for the question thing - I asked that question relating to Nev in a PM to you because I was asked to as a forum member- I relayed your answer (It has never been mentioned to anybody other than the person who asked the question) and that was the end of it as far as I was concerned.

Nev and his people didnt know what you were on about when i spoke to em so someone was having a laugh at your expense. The way the forum looks or is run is no concern of yours.Thank you.
www.theskapones.co.uk

www.roddyradiation.com

PostPosted:
Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Totally agree with you
PostPosted:
Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:10 pm
Top of Page

Huntsman wrote:
Well bloody Hell Were a testie lot ! .I for one Cannot wait to meet somepeople i have not met before ,And maybe even Nanker again ! .Seriously whereever we are lets blow the roof of the place and go out with a bang .See you in Brighton Nanker , i take it your going ?

Yep, I'll be at Brighton, Brixton and Ally Pally.....
PostPosted:
Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:17 am
Top of Page