Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information The Specials -Review Amsterdam 15th September 2011

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Abbey Road Live Here Now/ The Specials LIVE recordings 2011   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
MIKE CORNWELL
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post subject: The Specials -Review Amsterdam 15th September 2011 Reply with quote

Well this another great recording to have,I cant say much more about the history of the band playing this venue than what was mentioned in the review for the date before this.What I can say is this time around its great to have the modern technology to bring us these unique items.I was lucky enough to be at this gig and have had an insight into the making of these cd's.The Abbey Road Live team have a great set up for this which is made clear when you listen to the gig and see the fantastic package these discs come in.Right to the actual gig itself the second night of the European tour,from the moment those drumsticks beat down for the intro to 'Do the dog' you can feel the vibes of the bouncing crowd,with the usual set list for the European tour,we move onto our old favourites 'Monkey man'gets the blood going and then we have a couple of slower numbers in 'Blank Expression & 'It doesn't make it alright',Lynval soon whips the crowd up for Roddy's classic tunes Rat Race & Hey Little Rich Girl.Next up is my favourite of the night 'Stupid Marriage'Its a cracking tune which gets the heart beat thumping every time,We move on through the set 'Concrete Jungle'Friday Night Saturday Morning' Stereotype & Man at C&A,the brass section sounds just great !Full of power.Throughout the whole gig you can hear plenty of crowd interaction,and a good sing along.especially on 'A Message to you Rudy' & 'Nite Klub'.You can feel the atmosphere heating up as you listen to the thumping sounds of 'Little Bitch' 'Too Much Too Young' & 'Enjoy yourself'Unfortunately with have no 'Ghost Town ' as Terry has a throat problem,but all is not lost as we get the surprise track 'Guns of Naverone',It sounded purely fantastic and hadn't been played in a while.The gig comes to and end with Nev leading the vocals with 'You're wondering now' which always feels such a fitting track at any Specials concert,leaving you thinking what is next ?The best way to find out is to purchase on of these here at www.thespecialslive.com. Enjoy Wink

www.thespecials.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TheSpecials2Com/245413985501746
PostPosted:
Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:53 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
Paul Willo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
www.theskapones.co.uk

www.youtube.com/paulska67

www.roddyradiation.com

PostPosted:
Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:01 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Rankin Robbo
Too Hot

Itdoesn'tgivemeblurredvissionorhurtmyeyestoreaditnow. Wink

Quote original post:

Well this another great recording to have, I can't say much more about the history of the band playing this venue than what was mentioned in the review for the date before this.

What I can say is this time around it's great to have the modern technology to bring us these unique items.

I was lucky enough to be at this gig and have had an insight into the making of these cd's. The Abbey Road Live team have a great set up for this which is made clear when you listen to the gig and see the fantastic package these discs come in.

Right to the actual gig itself the second night of the European tour, from the moment those drumsticks beat down for the intro to 'Do the dog' you can feel the vibes of the bouncing crowd.

With the usual set list for the European tour, we move onto our old favourites 'Monkey man' gets the blood going and then we have a couple of slower numbers in 'Blank Expression & 'It doesn't make it alright.'

Lynval soon whips the crowd up for Roddy's classic tunes Rat Race & Hey Little Rich Girl. Next up is my favourite of the night 'Stupid Marriage'
It's a cracking tune which gets the heart beat thumping every time.

We move on through the set 'Concrete Jungle' Friday Night Saturday Morning' Stereotype & Man at C&A, the brass section sounds just great! Full of power.

Throughout the whole gig you can hear plenty of crowd interaction, and a good sing along, especially on 'A Message to you Rudy' & 'Nite Klub.'

You can feel the atmosphere heating up as you listen to the thumping sounds of 'Little Bitch' 'Too Much Too Young' & 'Enjoy yourself.'

Unfortunately with have no 'Ghost Town ' as Terry has a throat problem, but all is not lost as we get the surprise track 'Guns of Naverone', It sounded purely fantastic and hadn't been played in a while.

The gig comes to an end with Nev leading the vocals with 'You're wondering now' which always feels such a fitting track at any Specials concert, leaving you thinking what is next ?

The best way to find out is to purchase one of these here at www.thespecialslive.com. Enjoy

Unquote.
Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:38 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
MIKE CORNWELL
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Robbo English was never my strong point lol Wink

www.thespecials.com

PostPosted:
Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:03 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
Rankin Robbo
Too Hot

hahaha Mike. For some reason i thought Joe wrote it Laughing
Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:02 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger