Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information another newbie

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Introduce Yourself!   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
chigs
Rudie
Rudie

Post subject: another newbie Reply with quote

ok so its my turn to say hello. i bet i know 1 or 2 of you on here......this next bit im gonna whisper(fan of both madness and the specials).....i finally got to see the specials for the first time having missed them back in 79-81. i just never got the chance. then when i saw they were playing here(stockholm)where i now live i took the opportunity with both hands. what a fantastic gig it was too, just a shame neville couldnt continue as his accomplis told me before the gig he was feeling unwell. and at the aftershow it was great to chat with lynval for a short time and roddy for about an hour. .so here i am.....real name of Mark Charlesworth(you can see my name in the madness book by john reed page 494, not that im bragging lol.......and ive just closed my english bank account so i cant help you their either ; )
PostPosted:
Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:12 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
DRD67
Too Hot

Post subject: Reply with quote

How do Chigs
Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:15 pm
chigs
Rudie
Rudie

Post subject: Re: another newbie Reply with quote

chigs wrote:
ok so its my turn to say hello. i bet i know 1 or 2 of you on here......this next bit im gonna whisper(fan of both madness and the specials).....i finally got to see the specials for the first time having missed them back in 79-81. i just never got the chance. then when i saw they were playing here(stockholm)where i now live i took the opportunity with both hands. what a fantastic gig it was too, just a shame neville couldnt continue as his accomplis told me before the gig he was feeling unwell. and at the aftershow it was great to chat with lynval for a short time and roddy for about an hour. .so here i am.....real name of Mark Charlesworth(you can see my name in the madness book by john reed page 494, not that im bragging lol.......and ive just closed my english bank account so i cant help you their either ; )
....oh yeah i forgot to say.....originally from stafford.
PostPosted:
Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:35 pm
Paul Willo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum Chigs - Keep on posting, enjoy the site Cool
www.theskapones.co.uk

www.youtube.com/paulska67

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TheSpecials2Com/245413985501746

www.roddyradiation.com

PostPosted:
Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:28 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Shan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Chigs, please foward your NI mumber and any offshore account details to me at youresafehonestguv.com as I have $2m I need you to look after for me...
I used to live in Stafford too! We must have squeezed past each other at some point in the Stockholm bar or aftershow, it was a bit tight in there wasn't it? Laughing
Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:43 pm
chigs
Rudie
Rudie

Shan wrote:
Hi Chigs, please foward your NI mumber and any offshore account details to me at youresafehonestguv.com as I have $2m I need you to look after for me...
I used to live in Stafford too! We must have squeezed past each other at some point in the Stockholm bar or aftershow, it was a bit tight in there wasn't it? Laughing
it was a bit tight yeah.....i also felt it was a bad location for an event like that..they could have chosen a better place...but then when the promotors are running everything sometimes you dont get what is best, the promotors also could have had a better support band for the night...yeah we must have squeezed at some point as i was chatting at the top end of the bar(there was a small room type thingy)......and all the swedish mods were there too(well not all lol).....stafford eh....small world
PostPosted:
Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:53 pm
Shan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah we were in that top bit at the end of the room too! Small world eh?
As for the support band, I thought they were excellent and a very good choice. Very Happy
Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Welcome & enjoy yourself here
PostPosted:
Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:23 pm
Top of Page