Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information Hull gig CD / problem placing it onto iPod

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Abbey Road Live Here Now/ The Specials LIVE recordings 2011   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
StevieB
Special

Post subject: Hull gig CD / problem placing it onto iPod Reply with quote

I have put the 2 CD's onto iTunes to then copy onto my iPhone. The first CD was no problem as all the tracks are joined together (like an album) but the second CD has copied onto iTunes as "individual tracks".

Any idea how on iTunes I can make it appear as an album and then play the tracks in the order they were played at Hull ??

It's probably quite a simple thing to resolve but iTunes always fools me. Confused
Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:48 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
quiethouse
Ska Face
Ska Face

Post subject: Reply with quote

Click the first song so it goes blue then press and hold the Ctrl button and click all the other songs so they all go blue. right click on these songs and click get info, you can then put in artist album name etc.
PostPosted:
Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:09 pm
StevieB
Special

quiethouse wrote:
Click the first song so it goes blue then press and hold the Ctrl button and click all the other songs so they all go blue. right click on these songs and click get info, you can then put in artist album name etc.

Thanks Quiethouse I'll give it a whirl when I get chance. I know somebody on the forum would be able to help.

Just watching your mates Lamps and Cole at the mo. What's the betting Torres comes on and scores ??
Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:31 pm
Brummiedors
Rudie
Rudie

Think I'm having the same problem with my Manchester CD for Saturday 15th show
The first disc is fine, but with the second disc there are 3 or 4 second gaps between each track when played on my stereo (also the same when loaded on to my ipod)
PostPosted:
Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:07 pm
Reselecter
Gangster
Gangster

i didnt use itunes to put on ipod i used a program called copytrans control center its a indepent program for the ipod without using itunes it lets you edit all the track details so that the playing order is correct here is the link

http://www.copytrans.net/ hope this helps
PostPosted:
Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:24 am
Brummiedors
Rudie
Rudie

Nice one!
I'll give it a go!
PostPosted:
Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:31 pm
Pledge
Gangster
Gangster

Post subject: Re: Hull gig CD / problem placing it onto iPod Reply with quote

StevieB wrote:
I have put the 2 CD's onto iTunes to then copy onto my iPhone. The first CD was no problem as all the tracks are joined together (like an album) but the second CD has copied onto iTunes as "individual tracks".

Any idea how on iTunes I can make it appear as an album and then play the tracks in the order they were played at Hull ??

It's probably quite a simple thing to resolve but iTunes always fools me. Confused

If it is anything live the download of Ally Pally Shabbey Road gave away after failing to make USBs available it will be because the tracks are tagged in some weird format which won't let you edit titles, artist, album name in the ways you might usually expect.

I had to download some track tagging software, amend the track tagging version and then input all the missing data.

Should I ever receive the CD I ordered of the gig I assume I will have to do the same all over again if I want to play the discs anywhere except my car.

I hope Shabbey Road reimburse The Specials for all of the ill-feeling this service has caused...
PostPosted:
Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:58 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Sugarman
Too Hot

When I ripped the tracks from my CD their were no titles so I had to rename them, I also had to rename the track numbers on CD2 so they wouldn't clash with CD1. I use the new Sony MP3 Player Powerfull sound. I don't go near iTunes and I don't know what an iPod is yet ?. I haven't bought anything from Abbey Road just downloaded Wolverhampton. I listened to The Specials at the Ricoh yesterday F****** great gig Terry didn't say much but when he did Wink Lynval was great with the crowd, he made some really nice Comment's. Coventry was the in place to be and I'm so glad I was there Very Happy

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-e-series/nwz-e463
Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:02 am
Brummiedors
Rudie
Rudie

Seems strange that the first CD is fine, but the problem is with the second CD
There are 3 seconds of silence between each song when the second CD is played on my hi-fi, so I'm guessing it's a formatting issue by Abbey Road
PostPosted:
Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:48 pm