Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information Sorry to moan but postal CD orders

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Abbey Road Live Here Now/ The Specials LIVE recordings 2011  Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Pledge
Gangster
Gangster

Post subject: Sorry to moan but postal CD orders Reply with quote

has anyone received Ally Pally yet?

I know there was the problem with the USB, but this gig was 3 weeks ago. Still no sign of my not exactly cheap CD.

I have used Concert Live, Simfy (and under their previous name) and now Abbey Road. Despite all the boasts, Abbey Road are the only one to leave me out of pocket and missing my CDs. If there'd been more time to get a train home and I'd not had piss thrown over me at the gig I would have collected at the end.

This CD malarkey is leaving an increasingly vile taste in the mouth.
PostPosted:
Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:57 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
django
Gangster
Gangster

Post subject: Reply with quote

Not had mine yet, the website still says order on hold.

Wish I had lipstick on my shirt.....
PostPosted:
Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:49 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
Pledge
Gangster
Gangster

django wrote:
Not had mine yet, the website still says order on hold.

Have to say having instructed them last week on what I wanted they should have carried it out. What a shower of shite Shabbey Road are. It's no wonder EMI is in such a state.
PostPosted:
Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:29 pm
frank09
Special

Haven't had my Ally Pally CD yet either. If they do this for future tours - and they should, because it's a great idea - they should use Concert Live.
Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:15 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message

Yep, still waiting mine too.

Liam got his on the night so I know they recorded it properly cos we had it on at mine the next morning.

I shoulda burned a copy then!
PostPosted:
Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:32 am
Top of Page
Pledge
Gangster
Gangster

frank09 wrote:
Haven't had my Ally Pally CD yet either. If they do this for future tours - and they should, because it's a great idea - they should use Concert Live.

The whole system is not without problems, but as you say Concert Live manage it, albeit with a possibly lesser sound quality than Shabbey Road. The stupid thing is that it's an exercise that's meat to make a bit of money, deter bootlegging and give fans that feelgood factor of being able to hear the gig again. In this case it's failed and left fans bemoaning the fact that our money is tied up whilst Shabbey take their time posting orders.

As with previous experience of Concert Live and Simfy they will now be working on setting up and recording another couple of tours so the matter of posting current orders out is of little or no priority.

For the record (no pun intended) I will continue to try to buy the official recording of any gigs I go to that are sold in this manner, as I tend to pick and choose my venues and want a lasting memory of a good night out.
PostPosted:
Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:53 am
Pledge
Gangster
Gangster

Nanker Phelge wrote:
Yep, still waiting mine too.

Liam got his on the night so I know they recorded it properly cos we had it on at mine the next morning.

I shoulda burned a copy then!

Would be rather nice to have it for the drive to Minehead tomorrow... Oh well I suppose I'll have to burn my own.

Last edited by Pledge on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostPosted:
Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:54 am
italskarl
Ska Face
Ska Face

What I don't understand is if you buy it on the night you get it....what 15mins after the gig....so why does it take so long to post? After all the hard work, recording, CD cover etc is done is it not?
All have to do is burn what you have to disk, place in the CD case, put it in a jiffy bag and post....

I'm sure it will be worth the wait, but I am becoming a bit impatient....
PostPosted:
Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:49 pm

To be fair, the others I got came very quickly.

This one being stalled is a bit of a mystery.
PostPosted:
Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:44 pm
Top of Page
munchkin
Stereotype

Ordered Ally Pally cd last Sunday evening, got it couple of days later on the Wednesday. Its superb. Hope you can get it sorted.
PostPosted:
Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:56 pm

munchkin wrote:
Ordered Ally Pally cd last Sunday evening, got it couple of days later on the Wednesday. Its superb. Hope you can get it sorted.

LOL

BASTARD

LOL
PostPosted:
Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:30 pm
Top of Page
italskarl
Ska Face
Ska Face

munchkin wrote:

ORDERED MINE THE DAY AFTER GIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:55 am
Hugh
Too Hot

If you wait, you often come out on top
Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:10 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
italskarl
Ska Face
Ska Face

Did anyone receive a conformation email, when ordering the CD? Just checking mine and can't seem to find one... Confused .....lucky I took note of the order number.
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:41 am
italskarl
Ska Face
Ska Face

Hugh wrote:
If you wait, you often come out on top

I do hope your right...... Confused
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:42 am
Pledge
Gangster
Gangster

italskarl wrote:
Did anyone receive a conformation email, when ordering the CD? Just checking mine and can't seem to find one... Confused .....lucky I took note of the order number.

Yes. Look for an email from orders@sandbag.uk.com.

I just spoke to a lovely and very apologetic lady at Sandbag who are fulfilling the orders. Apparently CD sales exceeded expected demand. So the CDs have been repressed. Ally Pally is being processed now and the lady hoped my CD would be with me Saturday or Monday.

So it won't be here before I go to Minehead to see Madness (I will be happy for once if my mate turns up and tells me his works van doesn't have a CD player), but it ought to be with me early next week.

I note that the person on phone did not have that jaded air you so often get in these circumstances.

My order still says on hold in the members area: http://www.thespecialslive.com/Members/ but hopefully that won't be the case for much longer.
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:53 am
italskarl
Ska Face
Ska Face

Cheers Pledge, still can't find that email, but mine says on hold to in the members area Rolling Eyes

Hopefully I'll get mine next week to!

Have a great weekend in Minehead, even if you don't have the Ally Pally CD its sure to be a cracking time!!

Just one thing if Abbey are there recording it all maybe go for the download this time Smile I think I will in future!
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:16 am
Psycho
Ska Face
Ska Face

Not got mine yet either (ordered day after the gig) but good to hear it might be on the way.

Hope all those going to Minehead have a great time, mind the bed bugs don't bite!!
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:52 pm
Hugh
Too Hot

Going to Madness in a Works Van?

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:14 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Pledge
Gangster
Gangster

Psycho wrote:
Not got mine yet either (ordered day after the gig) but good to hear it might be on the way.

Hope all those going to Minehead have a great time, mind the bed bugs don't bite!!

Thanks for the best wishes. I had more fun than I could possibly imagine both on and off site.

On Friday night Madness played 15 new songs (some of which have been previewed live over the last year or so) in what was effectively a paid rehearsal. No suits, loads of mucking about between songs including 'former' producer Clive Langer Running onstage to tell them that all of a sudden they sounded more Sam And Dave than Chas n Dave. Not sure if that was an insult.

Anyway, loads of good new stuff to listen out for with a few of them having hit written all over them, especially My Girl Number Two and Big Time Sister. Yep that's right, Mike Barson has written a second song called My Girl, apparently on the basis that the first one was a big hit, so he thought he'd have another go.

Death Of A Rude Boy is definitely one to look out for. Yes it carries a message similar to Message To You Rudy, but that message needs repeating. I really like it, but it is missing a tiny spark at the moment that would turn it from an also ran into a genuine contender.

They encored with House Of Fun.

Saturday night the hits returned, with three of the newbies, three off Norton Folgate and two off Dangermen Sessions, meaning the set is now at least 33% different to what they were doing 6 or 7 years ago. Not a bad turnover of songs for a band who are wrongly thought of purely as a nostalgia act.

As for Butlin's and the weekender I couldn't fault them. This was genuinely a Madness weekender, sold to people there to see Madness, see their mates, get drunk and have a great time. Red Coats were almost totally replaced by Madness T shirts with 'CREW' on them, so unless there were a few poor sods working who can't stand Madness, they simply blended in the fun and did so in great spirit.

The whole place, and I mean the whole place had been Madnessed up with bunting, decent quality canvas banners and the Madness eMblem on almost all the windows and doors in dining areas and various venues. Clichéd I know but it really did feel like a house of fun. Part of the fun of the weekend was nicking as much as possible of all this branding. I don't mean I nicked as much as I could (I did!) before anyone else could. I mean everyone seemed to be at it!

The accommodation was fine and the staff were great in sorting out some last minute needs. My only complaint is that the two cases of full frontal chalet curtain open wide nudity I saw were both blokes, but that's not down to Butlin's!

If Madness announced another one tomorrow I would book without hesitation.

Just got back. Still no Specials CD, not that I'm in the greatest condition to appreciate it right now.

One last thing, High, if there had been only two of us and we weren't so fat I'd have loved to have gone in that works van!
PostPosted:
Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:10 pm