Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information Contact with Abbey Road Live

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Abbey Road Live Here Now/ The Specials LIVE recordings 2011   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
MIKE CORNWELL
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post subject: Contact with Abbey Road Live Reply with quote

For your information,

I have had a conversation with the guys at Abbey Road earlier this evening,I will have more news on the box set very soon.If anyone has been experiencing any problems with orders,downloads or communication the customer services will be more than happy to help.I will follow on with contact details tomorrow.They will be put on here as soon as I receive them.Watch this space Wink

www.thespecials.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TheSpecials2Com/245413985501746
PostPosted:
Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:48 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
Caragh
Special

Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please Mike as the email address I have for them which was generated from the failed download is just being bounced back to me as their inbox appears to be full. Ta
PostPosted:
Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:10 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
italskarl
Ska Face
Ska Face

That would be great have emailed and phoned (even left a call back number on the machine) and have had no reply from either!

Starting to get worried and very annoyed!! Evil or Very Mad
PostPosted:
Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:55 am
italskarl
Ska Face
Ska Face

Well what do you know, after my last post I tried the phone again (0118 9569183, worked for me) and I finally get an answer! Apparently my order was shipped yesterday. I have however not received a conformation email and my order still says 'on hold' in the members area, so I await with baited breath......
PostPosted:
Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:32 am
Paul Willo
Site Admin
Site Admin

I for one think ABLHN have done a great job.I know some people feel upset by certain matters but overall they have done great.
www.theskapones.co.uk

www.youtube.com/paulska67

www.roddyradiation.com

PostPosted:
Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:10 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
italskarl
Ska Face
Ska Face

I'll hold judgement for now, but its the lack of communication that frustrates more than anything. Its not just Abbey but everywhere, they ask for all sorts of details which you duly supply then when things go wrong they don't email, txt or call to say "sorry but..." they wait for you to (try and) get in contact with them and ask where your goods are. Surely it doesn't take much?
PostPosted:
Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:36 am

Paul Willo wrote:
I for one think ABLHN have done a great job.I know some people feel upset by certain matters but overall they have done great.

I'd agree.

The two shows I've recieved have been great.

Just waiting on one more. I have time.
PostPosted:
Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:58 am
Top of Page
Derry Jammers
Special

Echo Willo and Nankers coments above. The 2 I have (Brixton and Ally Pally) are far superior to any others I have by other 'on the road' recording outfits. When you do finally receive them they will be well worth the wait.
PostPosted:
Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:52 pm
Stevo
Too Hot

I received an email yesterday saying my cd's were on their way & I got them today. I presume the knock on effect of the USBs not being issued & having to print up more cd's to replace them, or just issuing refunds, has put them back weeks. If you took them up on the offer of a replacement cd & another of your choice then they'd doubled their workload there.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kifaru-Roots-Rockers-Reggae/353161905852

www.kifaru.co.uk

http://www.myspace.com/kifarureggae
PostPosted:
Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:14 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
Pledge
Gangster
Gangster

Paul Willo wrote:

I won't be using them again. From memory In The Studio took less time than this to release.

For the record I spoke to customer services at Sandbag (who are actually doing the mailing) on Thursday of last week and was assured my order would be with me by Monday at the latest. It's now Wednesday...

What I find most galling is that they are still advertising for new trade on these CDs without having bothered to sort orders they've had for months.
PostPosted:
Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:22 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Caragh
Special

Paul Willo wrote:

Totally agree, like I've said before my Hull CD is amazing, very very impressed with the Abbey road guys. All I'm after is a way of contacting them as the email I have is not getting me anywhere. Its not a moan, I just need to get hold of them to sort my download so any contact details would be appreciated please.
PostPosted:
Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:23 am
italskarl
Ska Face
Ska Face

Caragh wrote:
Paul Willo wrote:

Totally agree, like I've said before my Hull CD is amazing, very very impressed with the Abbey road guys. All I'm after is a way of contacting them as the email I have is not getting me anywhere. Its not a moan, I just need to get hold of them to sort my download so any contact details would be appreciated please.

I have contacted them via email with no success try 0118 9569183, it worked for me....eventually Smile
PostPosted:
Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:45 am
kev
Ska Face
Ska Face

Paul Willo wrote:

I agree and I found that they done a great job getting the cd's ready on the night but it looks like their customer service for the mail outs wasn't up to the same high standard as the gigs
PostPosted:
Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:21 am
MIKE CORNWELL
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post subject: FROM ABBEY ROAD Reply with quote

Dear Specials Fans

We thought we should drop you a note to clear up any questions that you might have.

As you know we worked with The Specials to record and release 27 amazing and unique shows from across Europe and the UK.

All shows are available as CD and Download mail order from www.thespecialslive.com

We know there have been some questions on the USB.
The USB did not get released as planned. This is because, despite everyone's best efforts we have been unable to deliver enough visual content to make the USB a proper quality product. So with regret we cancelled it's release.
One thing we would like to clear up, the USB was never going to contain a video of the live show, we are not sure where this came from but that was never the plan.

We apologise again to any fan who had pre-ordered one. We waited as long as possible to see whether this would happen but it was not to be.
We personally emailed everyone who had pre-ordered the show on USB and gave them a free download of the show. We also offered them a choice of 2 x CDs of any show, which is a great saving, or a full refund and of course either way they still can access their free download. Everyone who has replied has been refunded of sent their CDs but there are still some people who have not replied to us on what they want to do. We will email them again, but if anyone has any USB related questions please can they email david.rowntree@abbeyroad.com

Now, to the much spoken of Box Set. We know that some if you think the box set is of mystical proportion but it is going to be coming. We are in the final stages of clarifying what it will contain. By the personal nature of what we are trying to set up here, it is taking a bit longer than we anticipated.
Please keep an eye on www.thespecialslive.com and we will also notify the fan clubs and forums we are in touch with. We promise it will be a great bargain for the fan who wants to own all the recorded shows.

Finally if anyone has any questions on any CD or Download purchased through the web shop they can contact Sandbag who do our fulfilment direct on orders@sandbag.uk.com
A note on the Sandbag customer service email process.
When you email them, you should receive an automated reply within seconds of emailing Sandbag customer services. If you do not receive one in your in box, please check you junk / spam folders and settings.

We had a great time working with The Specials band and you the fans over the past few months.
The vibe and excitement at the shows was excellent and indeed the shows were so exciting we felt very proud to be part of each night. Some of the ARLHN team were fans as kids the first time round...... Moonstomping was a tad more sightly then for us!! Apologies if anyone got trodden on by us!
So, thanks to all the band, you the fans and crew who made us feel so welcome.

If you have any further problems or feel we have not covered anything in this note, please contact us direct. LHN@abbeyroad.com

We want you to enjoy reliving the shows as much as we do.
If you have something to say, let us know. We can't check all the fansites and forums all the time.

All the best.

The Abbey Road Live Here Now team.

www.thespecials.com

PostPosted:
Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:52 pm
seandelier
Gangster
Gangster

Got my Ally Pally today. Got my Glasgow ones super quick before them. Whoop di fucking do I had to wait a wee bit for the London one

Some right greeting faces about. Make the most of getting quality product like after years of living on some ropey bootlegs.
Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:41 pm