Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information The good old days

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Do you remember the good old days?   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
dadski
Ska Face
Ska Face

Post subject: The good old days Reply with quote

When you used to feel a part of huge music change ? The first two tone tour was life changing ... Up on the stage at the end of the night ...been there ,done that .
The 30 year reunion tour was good ,saw them at Sheffield and two nights at Nottingham Rock City (and it did ).
The next time was the following year (I think) at Paradiso in Amsterdam, another good gig but for me the first signs of 'same old same old " kicked in , enter to the same music/same set/Terrys same suit ... Thought they need to do something different ,and I voiced my thoughts on here .
Now another tour and actually it has changed ,might not be on the music set play list but more worrying I think the fans are been taken for granted and getting ripped off . £40+ a ticket and another reduced line up .
I will be giving it a miss .
Thanks lads it was fun while it lasted .you might not be "working for the rat race " anymore but some of us are ,please don't forget that .
PostPosted:
Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:18 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Shan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember paying £4.50 to see The Cure, and The Banshees at Brum Odeon in the mid 80s! Very Happy
Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:01 pm
Hugh
Too Hot

Shan wrote:
I remember paying £4.50 to see The Cure, and The Banshees at Brum Odeon in the mid 80s! Very Happy

Couldn't get in the bathroom window?
Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:14 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
mr ghost
Gangster
Gangster

unfortunatly in todays times the only way bands make decent money is to play live, due to the dramatic slump in record sales, unless your adele or one erection etc...

because of that, more bands are playing live to survive, but the amount of venues hasnt changed that much especially 1000 - 3000 sized venues, so the bands are battling to get the venues they want in some logical order,, brighton to glasgow to southampton is a crazy schedule and costs money, hence thats why a lot of bands are organising these gigs well in advance now, the specials are not the only ones..

this of course drives up the price, as the venues can charge more knowing this..but at the end of the day no one is forced to buy a ticket, it is sad the prices are going up. but isnt everything going up in this rip off country, dont blame the bands. and as far as new material, lynval mention something new might happen, so best to wait and see.. a new ep might be a good idea, wet the appertites so to speak..
PostPosted:
Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:58 pm