Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information The English Beat Starring Dave Wakeling / New Album

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » General Music  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Jett Rink
Special

Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt Roddy playing on this?
PostPosted:
Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:19 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
kennybacon
Special

Jett Rink wrote:
Isnt Roddy playing on this?

He's welcome to sign my copy and get it shipped out Very Happy
Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:17 pm
Sugarman
Too Hot

21 days till release Smile

Redemption Time (clip) Smile

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/theenglishbeat/updates/54913
Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:46 am
kennybacon
Special

3 days to release now (according to the website), I reckon there is a strong chance that won't happen, in an email Dave sent out last week it said something about going back in the studio in August.
Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:19 pm
HarryJ185
Gangster
Gangster

Maybe Dave should have called this LP "In The Studio"...
PostPosted:
Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:00 pm
kennybacon
Special

The latest update is clear as mud (30.07.15):

hey there,

thank you for the amazing comments about the tracks; we head back to the studio after this tour is done in august. excited and inspired!

we have learned that there is a huge waiting list for vinyl disc production, and cannot now get the album released on vinyl till after the Christmas holidays, by the time we deliver.

So, for your kind help to date, we will give you an exclusive live show recording from this tour, which will be compiled and mastered at tours end.

All handwritten lyrics will be sent before the holidays, and the last few remaining Jam sessions, Studio hangs, or VIP tickets etc, are welcome to schedule whenever convenient to them, no time limit or deadline.

Also, if anyone fancies an extra guest list spot for an upcoming show, just let me know, and i will do my best, first come first served ( e.g. OC Fair Aug 14th is already full!)

any questions always feel free to contact me directly at englishbeat@ymail.com, or here on the Pledge page.

thank you very much for helping us get here, and for getting the chance to meet so many of you at shows and in the studio

dave
x

So is the album to be released (i.e digital download and CD) as normal, and the delay only affects vinyl?
will only those who ordered the vinyl will get this live recording?

Confused
Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:39 pm
Sugarman
Too Hot

Thanks for the update Kenny Smile

I have heard most of the demo versions already so I'm in no hurry for the LP, but if a digital download can be made available before Christmas I will be happy enough with that and the Live gig Smile
Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:49 pm
kennybacon
Special

well, the site is now declaring another 198 days to release.

By my reckoning that's a February 14th 2016 release, happy valentines day?

That will be 20 months after I paid for the album, and just reinforces my belief that these pledge campaigns are a farcical piss take.

Fair enough, the free live gig download or whatever it is softens the blow, lets just hope it isn't a false promise along the lines of Rhoda's bonus track.

I want to pledge for Bruce Foxtons new album, but it seems pointless to stump up the cash until the deadline as you don't know what twists lie ahead with these things.
Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:44 am
Trojan
Too Hot

My dip into the Pledge began and ended with the Rhoda Bodysnatchers album. Discovering that the album contained three tracks which have been available for 35 years was enough to put me off for life.

http://2-tone.info/

Last edited by Trojan on Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostPosted:
Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:12 am
kennybacon
Special

Post subject: Re: The English Beat Starring Dave Wakeling / New Album Reply with quote

Sugarman wrote:
Artist: The English Beat Starring Dave Wakeling
Album: For Crying Out Loud
Release Date: 59 Days
Format: Vinyl, CD, Download Very Happy

We're making a brand new album, and would love for YOU to be a part of it! Let's make sweet music together!

dave x

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/theenglishbeat

The first post on this thread, and the info contained would lead you to believe the album was to be released on 12th August 2014. Very misleading these campaigns.
Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:29 am
Sugarman
Too Hot

Post subject: Re: The English Beat Starring Dave Wakeling / New Album Reply with quote

kennybacon wrote:
Sugarman wrote:
Artist: The English Beat Starring Dave Wakeling
Album: For Crying Out Loud
Release Date: 59 Days
Format: Vinyl, CD, Download Very Happy

We're making a brand new album, and would love for YOU to be a part of it! Let's make sweet music together!

dave x

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/theenglishbeat

The first post on this thread, and the info contained would lead you to believe the album was to be released on 12th August 2014. Very misleading these campaigns.

I hadn't realised it was that long ago (June 2014) Shocked

Rhoda was very fast with her album, though I was disappointed when the bonus track didn't appear.

Ranking roger released a cd (Retrospective) via Pledge which was basically a cdr with home made artwork and poor mastering, it was very cheap so I wasn't going to complain as 2 of the tracks were unreleased.

Regarding Dave Wakeling I have paid for the LP & CD so when they do eventually arrive at my door I will be happy, If I hadn't heard those demo tracks I would be really P***** off at this point?
Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:44 pm
HarryJ185
Gangster
Gangster

I think the pledge campaigns are a great way to ensure music gets released and the exclusives seem to be well thought out. I am looking forward to my handwriiten lyrics from Dave. I do not mind waiting if it ensures a quality product.

But surely if you are going to be gigging or there is a lead in time for pressing vinyl you should build this in and give a realistic date at the outset rather than have a constantly moving target.

Sugarman - I never got round to buying Retrospective. Was looking for it recently but no longer available on Amazon or the Beat site. Pity about the quality.

Nothing to do with pledge campaigns, but talking of quality, I did not think much of The Specials 2014 tour edition's cheap cardboard sleeve. It arrived ripped on the front, and I managed to rip the back by daring to remove the cds from the sleeve...
PostPosted:
Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:42 pm
kennybacon
Special

The pledge site is saying 5 days until release, I know someone posted a Dave Wakeling interview where he said it might be released in the summer, but as there has been nothing on the pledge site about this - should we be expecting it this weekend?

Disappointing that he hasn't followed up his promise of a free download live album because of the huge delay already.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/theenglishbeat/updates/36990
Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:14 pm
pvrakking
Stereotype

Thanks for the reminder, I just "ordered" the vinyl copy. 4 days left.

Does anyone know if Dead Right from Scoobiedoo is ever released on CD, vinyl? Or will it appear on this album?
PostPosted:
Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:18 am
npr1uk
Rudie
Rudie

I completely forgot I'd ordered this it was so long ago. Checked my account and it has 31 May 2016 as fulfilment date.
PostPosted:
Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:34 pm
kennybacon
Special

I have just checked my account and it has the same date, guess that the 4 days remaining to release needs updating

just read some of the discussion posts and all seems to of gone quite on the live download hmmmmm Evil or Very Mad bloody pledge.
Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:52 pm
Sugarman
Too Hot

Here’s a live concert recording, exclusive to Pledgers only, for your kind support and patience. Recorded by our sound guy Brad Engstrom at the Magic Bag in Ferndale, near Detroit. One of my favorite places to play, tough, fun loving crowd, steeped in their motown music history. it is the first live recording we have ever put out, hope you enjoy!

Date: 23/04/2015

Running Time: 01:37:54

Album coming on great, brass sounds lovely, final vocals and backings going on, sounding terrific, will share some clips later in the week. looks like this could be an amazing year, i reckon! thanks, dave x

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/theenglishbeat/updates
Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:39 am
kennybacon
Special

I wish they had put the live album as a download, I can only listen to it through my laptop so the sound is a bit crap for me.

At least he has delivered on it
Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:15 pm
pvrakking
Stereotype

You can just record it, I did it so I can listen to it when I drive to work.
And it sounds great.
PostPosted:
Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:45 am
kennybacon
Special

Just checked the pledge page as the last date for release was 31.05.16 which obviously has passed.

I could not believe that the release date is now FEBRUARY 2017 and by reading the discussion page it turns out Dave is now blaming Ranking Rogers album release in August for this delay!

This has now gone beyond a piss take, I like many others paid for this over two years ago (June 14th 2014 for me).

If you look at the first post by Sugarman on his thread dated 14.06.14 you would think the album would be in your hands two months later.

Dave has stretched loyalty to snapping point and now a few people have started requesting refunds.
I don't think I will request a refund, as I would probably end up buying it unsigned on release anyway so might as well wait hopefully no more than another 8 months for this.

If time to make it is anything to go by - surely this is going to be the greatest album of all time
Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:00 pm