Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information Rhoda Dakar – The Bodysnatchers album & Halloween show

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Upcoming Events  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Sugarman
Too Hot

Post subject: Reply with quote

Now available to buy here, I'm still waiting for my CD to arrive from Pledge Music? thankfully I have the download to listen to while I'm waiting Smile

http://www.londoninternationalskafestival.co.uk/shop/
Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:39 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
seanjamdown
Too Hot

bluearmy78 wrote:
Got my copy today, very pleased with it. Feels like a piece of jigsaw that was missing has been found. Would have been great if they had done an album way back in 1980.

Me to! It would of been great.
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:28 pm
seanjamdown
Too Hot

chemode wrote:
I have recently been told that the cd's arent even proffesionally published, just cdr copies...... and that the signed copies only have "best wishes" scrawled across them with no actual signature......

im hoping this isnt true but like many others my copy still hasnt arrived...... Crying or Very sad

What complete and utter rubbish. The CDs are professionally manufactured CDs and Rhoda signs all the signed ones.
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:33 pm
seanjamdown
Too Hot

Sugarman wrote:
I see Rhoda sings The Bodysnatchers is playing the international Ska festival next April, The Jazz Cafe a one off thing Laughing

If we don't get that bonus track by Christmas, I give up.

The fifth London International Ska Festival is set to take place across multiple London venues (one wristband gets you into all of them) over Easter Weekend from Thursday 2nd through to Sunday 5th April 2015.

The festival is set to highlight all that's good about the world of ska, from it's roots in American Rhythm & blues, to the Jamaican originators, through the 2 Tone era and right up-to-date with 21st century ska sounds.
Line-up

The first acts confirmed are Rhoda Dakar sings The Bodysnatchers, Vin Gordon & His Real Rock Band, Beat Goes Bang ft. Everett Morton (The Beat), The Toasters, Two Tone Club, The Talks, Italy's Miserable Man, The Rifffs from Malta, Japan's Beat Bahnhof,and Dojo. Plus DJs The Tighten Up Crew, Sounds & Pressure Sound System with Phil Bush, and Axis Sound System.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/ldnska/2015

The Jazz Cafe show was intended to be a off one, but was so successful Rhoda has decided to do it some more. The live line up of the band was great (included Seamus (Madness/Weller) on keyboards, Paul Tadman (Riffs/Nutty Boys on bass), Lenny Bignell (Sidewalk Doctors/Pama on guitar) and Terry Edwards on sax). I for one am glad see's giving more people the opportunity to see it, especially all the people who travel from all over the world for the festival.
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:38 pm
seanjamdown
Too Hot

Paul Willo wrote:
I produce vinyl regularly- Has never taken more than 6 weeks.

Vinyl manufacturing does slow down in the Christmas run up
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:39 pm
seanjamdown
Too Hot

man at c&a wrote:
I got my CD really quickly and its very good.

Some folks need to lighten up a bit. Any material from the 2 Tone era is a plus.

Couldn't agree more. This whole project was just meant to be something nice. Quite surprised by the negativeness on what is just a cool project from Rhoda featuring a couple of Specials.
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:42 pm
seanjamdown
Too Hot

With regards to the free download for Pledges only. This will happen. I know Rhoda is just waiting on the availability of one person to record it.
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:43 pm
kennybacon
Special

seanjamdown wrote:
With regards to the free download for Pledges only. This will happen. I know Rhoda is just waiting on the availability of one person to record it.

That's good to hear Very Happy

Just hope the one person isn't Lord Lucan Very Happy
Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:58 pm
seanjamdown
Too Hot

kennybacon wrote:
seanjamdown wrote:

That's good to hear Very Happy

Just hope the one person isn't Lord Lucan Very Happy

Could be Laughing
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:15 pm
Brown Sauce
Rudie
Rudie

don't normally post but still waiting for mine....

its all about courtesy of keeping people up to date and I thought theyd be personalised - that's what pledges normally offer but hey ho

otherwise it looks like a take the money and run thing.....

items shouldn't be advertised until you have them.
PostPosted:
Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:02 am
seanjamdown
Too Hot

Brown Sauce wrote:
don't normally post but still waiting for mine....

its all about courtesy of keeping people up to date and I thought theyd be personalised - that's what pledges normally offer but hey ho

otherwise it looks like a take the money and run thing.....

items shouldn't be advertised until you have them.

The whole idea of the pledge schemes is to enable bands to make music without the need to go cap in hand to record companies. The funds raised help the bands record and manufacture the album. So of course items are advertised before they are made.

I'm abit lost for words at the 'take the money and run thing'. Surely Rhoda has been doing this long enough for people to trust her?

Rhoda is doing this all by herself so please bear with her. She will get through them all.
PostPosted:
Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:11 pm
done donald
Ska Face
Ska Face

man at c&a wrote:

Some folks need to lighten up a bit. Any material from the 2 Tone era is a plus.

I'm with you Ricky. Since I heard the Folkstone bootleg many moons ago I wished there were studio recordings of those songs. This is the closest we'll ever get so for that I'm grateful.

I'm just hoping someone gets in touch with John Shipley to do something similar with unreleased Swinging Cats tunes.

Jim
Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:40 pm
done donald
Ska Face
Ska Face

seanjamdown wrote:
Sugarman wrote:
I see Rhoda sings The Bodysnatchers is playing the international Ska festival next April, The Jazz Cafe a one off thing Laughing

If we don't get that bonus track by Christmas, I give up.

The fifth London International Ska Festival is set to take place across multiple London venues (one wristband gets you into all of them) over Easter Weekend from Thursday 2nd through to Sunday 5th April 2015.

The festival is set to highlight all that's good about the world of ska, from it's roots in American Rhythm & blues, to the Jamaican originators, through the 2 Tone era and right up-to-date with 21st century ska sounds.
Line-up

The first acts confirmed are Rhoda Dakar sings The Bodysnatchers, Vin Gordon & His Real Rock Band, Beat Goes Bang ft. Everett Morton (The Beat), The Toasters, Two Tone Club, The Talks, Italy's Miserable Man, The Rifffs from Malta, Japan's Beat Bahnhof,and Dojo. Plus DJs The Tighten Up Crew, Sounds & Pressure Sound System with Phil Bush, and Axis Sound System.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/ldnska/2015

The Jazz Cafe show was intended to be a off one, but was so successful Rhoda has decided to do it some more. The live line up of the band was great (included Seamus (Madness/Weller) on keyboards, Paul Tadman (Riffs/Nutty Boys on bass), Lenny Bignell (Sidewalk Doctors/Pama on guitar) and Terry Edwards on sax). I for one am glad see's giving more people the opportunity to see it, especially all the people who travel from all over the world for the festival.

I'm hoping to get over next year and I would love to see Rhoda do her thing. This year I loved her singing a couple of tunes with the Phoenix All Stars, so to hear a full gig from her and the lads would be superb.

Jim
Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:44 pm
done donald
Ska Face
Ska Face

seanjamdown wrote:
done donald wrote:
Thanks for that, that will be something to look forward to.

Do you know if it will be recorded with a full band as opposed to an acoustic type effort? Here's hoping...

Jim

Hi Jim

Yes, it will be recorded with a full band, apart from one song, which will be recorded just with voice and piano. The reason for wish will become very apparent to anyone buying it Very Happy

Hi Sean, I take it this idea was ditched (The Boiler perhaps?).

Jim
Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:02 am
chemode
Too Hot

seanjamdown wrote:
chemode wrote:
I have recently been told that the cd's arent even proffesionally published, just cdr copies...... and that the signed copies only have "best wishes" scrawled across them with no actual signature......

im hoping this isnt true but like many others my copy still hasnt arrived...... Crying or Very sad

What complete and utter rubbish. The CDs are professionally manufactured CDs and Rhoda signs all the signed ones.

I'll have to take your word for it seeing as mine still hasn't arrived. Rolling Eyes
Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:47 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
chemode
Too Hot

27th November and still no sign of my CD.....

I'm wondering now..... Crying or Very sad
Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:18 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
seanjamdown
Too Hot

chemode wrote:
27th November and still no sign of my CD.....

I'm wondering now..... Crying or Very sad

I'm sorry to hear that. I know Rhoda is going to the post office everyday with orders, so I hope she'll get to yours v soon.
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:33 pm
seanjamdown
Too Hot

done donald wrote:
man at c&a wrote:

I'm with you Ricky. Since I heard the Folkstone bootleg many moons ago I wished there were studio recordings of those songs. This is the closest we'll ever get so for that I'm grateful.

I'm just hoping someone gets in touch with John Shipley to do something similar with unreleased Swinging Cats tunes.

Jim

John Shipley has some tracks posted on myspace I think ages ago. They were really good. Not sure where or when they were from or if they were Swinging Cats tunes but definitely should be put out there.
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:35 pm
seanjamdown
Too Hot

done donald wrote:

I'm hoping to get over next year and I would love to see Rhoda do her thing. This year I loved her singing a couple of tunes with the Phoenix All Stars, so to hear a full gig from her and the lads would be superb.

Jim

Do it Jim. It'd be great to see you there. She only had one of the PCAS folk at the Jazz Cafe, but did have Terry Edwards (Higsons), Seamus (Madness), and Tad (The Riffs/Nutty Boys). Cracking line up it was to.
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:38 pm
seanjamdown
Too Hot

done donald wrote:
seanjamdown wrote:
done donald wrote:
Thanks for that, that will be something to look forward to.

Do you know if it will be recorded with a full band as opposed to an acoustic type effort? Here's hoping...

Jim

Hi Jim

Yes, it will be recorded with a full band, apart from one song, which will be recorded just with voice and piano. The reason for wish will become very apparent to anyone buying it Very Happy

Hi Sean, I take it this idea was ditched (The Boiler perhaps?).

Jim

No, not ditched. Rhoda's still doing it. Not The Boiler though as she felt she had done that the best she could with Special AKA.
PostPosted:
Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:40 pm