Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information Rhoda Dakar Ė The Bodysnatchers album & Halloween show

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Upcoming Events  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Hugh
Too Hot

Post subject: Reply with quote

The music is good.
Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:14 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
chemode
Too Hot

Just got home to find that its finally arrived. Nicely packaged and signed " best wishes rhoda"..... pleased that what ive was told was wrong.....
Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:27 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Sugarman
Too Hot

My cd finally arrived today Smile

The artwork and over all presentation is top notch, I really like the sleeve design and label.

The song words are also included as an added bonus, I couldn't have wished for anything more.

Thanks Rhoda Smile
Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:11 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Trojan
Too Hot

Mine arrived too. Like others have said it's a nice overall package. It would have been a lot better though if the 3 single tracks weren't included.

http://2-tone.info/
PostPosted:
Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:57 pm
pvrakking
Stereotype

My copy of Rhoda's CD came today, I am very please with it. I have received the download links on October 31st, but to have it really in my hands is better.
I cannot wait until the vinyl version appears and to put the needle on it.
PostPosted:
Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:46 pm
kennybacon
Special

Update 23.12.14

Happy Holidays One And All!

Hi everyone!

Well, Phil Spectorís Christmas Album is blasting out and the Christmas cakeís in the oven (itíll be hours), but I imagine, for most of you, the important news is that Iíve finally got a delivery date for the vinyl! I wonít jinx it by telling you when, but itís early January!

All the other exclusives Ė postcards, posters and t-shirts Ė will be with you before the end of January! And I havenít forgotten the extra track. I think the injury has healed, so weíre on! If that makes no sense, the pianist injured his hand, which is a problem for playing the piano.

Anyway, whatever youíre celebrating, even a few a days off work, enjoy and I wish you all a very Happy New Year for 2015!

Take care all

Rhoda x
Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:46 pm
Derry Jammers
Special

Ordered the Bodysnatchers CD from the LISF (Rockers Revolt) website a few weeks back. While waiting for the vinyl which will obviously take some time. Ordered some other stuff too from the xmas sale. Received nothing????
PostPosted:
Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:10 pm
HarryJ185
Gangster
Gangster

If it is the London International Ska Festival shop, I have ordered from it a few times. Usually takes a couple of weeks, and I expect it would probably take a bit longer over Christmas. But I have always been pleased with anything I have ordered - and often a few flyers - or even sampler cds thrown in to the package.
PostPosted:
Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:30 pm
Derry Jammers
Special

Yes it was through the London International Ska Festival website and the order was placed 4 weeks ago today. Still received nothing and have had no answer to my email enquiry. Getting a bit p**sed off with the wait now to be honest. Sean???
PostPosted:
Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:58 pm
Trojan
Too Hot

Derry Jammers wrote:
Yes it was through the London International Ska Festival website and the order was placed 4 weeks ago today. Still received nothing and have had no answer to my email enquiry. Getting a bit p**sed off with the wait now to be honest. Sean???

Where I come from that's called 'ripping the arse out of it'.

http://2-tone.info/
PostPosted:
Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:42 am
HarryJ185
Gangster
Gangster

My vinyl arrived today!

PostPosted:
Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:26 pm
Sugarman
Too Hot

Nice one Harry I will keep an eye out for my copy, I wasn't expecting the vinyl to appear so soon after Rhoda's last message Very Happy
Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:02 pm
HarryJ185
Gangster
Gangster

Cheers, Sugarman. It is a really nice item. Numbering and signing it were great touches. Was very pleased to get it. Just slightly disappointing as it has a crease at the top (at the "p" of Too Experienced) and bottom (at the "g" of agent) on the back of the sleeve - must have got damaged in transit.
PostPosted:
Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:29 pm
Sugarman
Too Hot

LP's with a crease are becoming the norm these days, I have a few like that.

I blame poor packaging more than damaged in transit? Crying or Very sad

I prefer to buy new vinyl in a shop when I can because you can choose the best copy, you haven't got a choice when buying on-line Rolling Eyes
Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:46 pm
HarryJ185
Gangster
Gangster

It really makes a difference if the packaging is thick, and if not, if there is a piece of cardboard on both sides of the record.

There are so few places selling vinyl now, but I really miss spending an afternoon trawling through record racks.

The worst thing about buying second hand records on line is the wide variation when it comes to grading - and then there is the fact some people forget to mention the writing on the back of the sleeve/ on the label etc.
PostPosted:
Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:06 pm
seanjamdown
Too Hot

Derry Jammers wrote:

Hi Derry Jammers, Sorry for the delay. All caught up now after the Christmas break and on it's way to you with some bonus stuff in to.
PostPosted:
Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:50 pm
Derry Jammers
Special

Ok Sean. 6 weeks on Thursday since I ordered so I look forward to receiving them soon.
PostPosted:
Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:30 pm
Sugarman
Too Hot

Close Of Business!

Hi everyone

Iíve had to close the project twelve days early, Iím afraid. The reason Ė we are victims of our own success! Donít get me wrong, no complaints here! The problem was orders were still coming in and thereís only a limited time left to ship them out. Iím on first name terms with all the staff at my local Post Office and Iíve had to reorder packaging and thereís only so many hours in a day!

When everythingís done and dusted, Iíll see what stock I have left and some items will be available Ė just check my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/rhodadakarofficial?ref=hl

In the meantime, I should like to take this opportunity to say a MASSIVE thank you to one and all for your support, without which none of this would have been possible!

Take care

Rhoda xx

PS Havenít forgotten about the bonus track, it shall be done!
Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:34 am
Sugarman
Too Hot

HarryJ185 wrote:
It really makes a difference if the packaging is thick, and if not, if there is a piece of cardboard on both sides of the record.

There are so few places selling vinyl now, but I really miss spending an afternoon trawling through record racks.

The worst thing about buying second hand records on line is the wide variation when it comes to grading - and then there is the fact some people forget to mention the writing on the back of the sleeve/ on the label etc.

My LP Arrived today it has a limited edition crease Laughing nothing serious Very Happy

Thanks Rhoda Smile
Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:17 am
Derry Jammers
Special

seanjamdown wrote:
Derry Jammers wrote:

Hi Derry Jammers, Sorry for the delay. All caught up now after the Christmas break and on it's way to you with some bonus stuff in to.

Still not got a thing from this order (placed on 11th December). Turns out Sean is not even talking to me but emailing someone completely different. F**ked off is a word that comes to mind. Sean contact me please to confirm my details.
PostPosted:
Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:51 pm