Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information The Selecter / Access All Areas (CD+DVD) 1980

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » General Music  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
HarryJ185
Gangster
Gangster

Post subject: Reply with quote

My order was still "processing" this morning from Spin so I sent them an email and they have stated that the stock has arrived with them and should be dropping through letter boxes within the next 2 or 3 days. Would be nice to have it in time to watch this weekend.
PostPosted:
Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:14 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
pvrakking
Stereotype

I have ordered the CD/DVD at Amazon. September 27th I got a mail that the item was shipped with due date October first. It arrived September 29th...
Before I forget, I live in the Netherlands Cool
PostPosted:
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:10 pm
HarryJ185
Gangster
Gangster

Who cares how they treat their staff, with delivery times like that! Laughing
PostPosted:
Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:33 pm
Sugarman
Too Hot

Laughing

Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:44 pm
kennybacon
Special

I feel some sympathy for spincds and would rather buy from an independent dealer, but if they can't get stock from their suppliers in time to deliver on or just after a release date (i.e by the Monday as all releases are Fridays now), then they are going to lose custom to the likes of Amazon.

I haven't received any email from them to confirm dispatch and my account still says processing, so I have sent an email asking if it has been dispatched, and if not and they haven't got it in stock now - to give me my cash back.

Its fair to say they won't get my custom again, unless they are the only place selling a CD I'm after.
Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:33 pm
Hugh
Too Hot

Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:03 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
chemode
Too Hot

kennybacon wrote:
I feel some sympathy for spincds and would rather buy from an independent dealer, but if they can't get stock from their suppliers in time to deliver on or just after a release date (i.e by the Monday as all releases are Fridays now), then they are going to lose custom to the likes of Amazon.

I haven't received any email from them to confirm dispatch and my account still says processing, so I have sent an email asking if it has been dispatched, and if not and they haven't got it in stock now - to give me my cash back.

Its fair to say they won't get my custom again, unless they are the only place selling a CD I'm after.

Same here. Still no sign of either of my discs. Theyll lose more customers than theyll gain. Hope they dont ask for feedback because it wont be good.
Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:00 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Sugarman
Too Hot

chemode wrote:
kennybacon wrote:

Same here. Still no sign of either of my discs. Theyll lose more customers than theyll gain. Hope they dont ask for feedback because it wont be good.

I bought a copy in Tower Records today, it p***** me off having to pay twice but it had to be done. F*** Spin I won't be buying anything from them again Rolling Eyes I have my receipt so when my Spin copy eventually arrives I will bring it in to Tower and exchange it for something else Smile
Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:08 pm
kennybacon
Special

I haven't received any response to the email I sent to spin yesterday, I just checked my account and it still says processing but with re order next to it - does anyone elses have that?

I don't know if that means they have cancelled my order or what, if they don't respond to my email I suppose it means I should either see a refund in my bank account or a CD to arrive soon (as they must have stock if they confirmed dispatch to Sugarman)

either way, their customer service is piss poor, and not letting me know what is happening just emphasises that (I sent email at 4.30pm yesterday)

In regards to any future releases, they can spin for my custom.
Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:34 pm
Sugarman
Too Hot

kennybacon wrote:
I haven't received any response to the email I sent to spin yesterday, I just checked my account and it still says processing but with re order next to it - does anyone elses have that?

I don't know if that means they have cancelled my order or what, if they don't respond to my email I suppose it means I should either see a refund in my bank account or a CD to arrive soon (as they must have stock if they confirmed dispatch to Sugarman)

either way, their customer service is piss poor, and not letting me know what is happening just emphasises that (I sent email at 4.30pm yesterday)

In regards to any future releases, they can spin for my custom.

You should give them a call and quote your order number and they will sort it out. I'm glad I did because they were going to send me Voice of the Beehive instead of The Selecter Shocked Smile

Phone Number: 0191 2303361
Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:57 pm
kennybacon
Special

Sugarman wrote:
You should give them a call and quote your order number and they will sort it out. I'm glad I did because they were going to send me Voice of the Beehive instead of The Selecter Shocked Smile

Phone Number: 0191 2303361

Thanks Sugarman, I just checked and the phone line is only open until 5pm Monday to Friday, if I am non the wiser with my order by Monday afternoon - I will call them then.

That Voice of the Beehive business just confirms what a clueless outfit they are.
Maybe they didn't have The Selecter in stock at the time, and worked on the basis that Woody from Madness was in VOTB and that's a close enough Ska link to The Selecter- so will do for you
A bit like Amazons suggestions based on previous purchases, but spin just send you something they think you will like instead of your intended purchase.
Very Happy
Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:33 pm
Hugh
Too Hot

Looks like a penguin
Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:20 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
kennybacon
Special

I just called spin (couldn't be bothered waiting until Monday)

They confirmed my order correctly (not Cliff Richards greatest hits or anything) and said they had the stock and it would be posted today, only time will tell.
Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:11 am
kennybacon
Special

kennybacon wrote:
I just called spin (couldn't be bothered waiting until Monday)

They confirmed my order correctly (not Cliff Richards greatest hits or anything) and said they had the stock and it would be posted today, only time will tell.

And a few minutes later I received a email confirming dispatch, and online account order is now showing as complete - wow these guys are so efficient
Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:14 am
Sugarman
Too Hot

I'm starting to guess Spin changed our orders from processing to shipped just to shut us up? Confused

The only reason I bought from Spin was because their postage is cheaper than Amazon?
Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:10 am
chemode
Too Hot

This just gets better.

ive had an email from spin saying my order is ready but my card has been declined and could i please re-order.

its funny because my card expired at end of september so if they had delivered on time it would have gone through no problem.

But guess what, no, i wont be re-ordering i shall be going to Amazon instead thanks!!! Laughing Cool Laughing
Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:20 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Sugarman
Too Hot

That's strange because the card I use also expired in September Confused
Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:37 am
Imani
Too Hot

Gosh. Buying music has changed. I mean, at least you knew where you were with record shops. Far cry from how I remember it; save up the pocket money, pop down to HMV of a Saturday afternoon, jumpers for goalposts. 1979? First Specials album? Isn't it, wasn't it? Marvellous.
PostPosted:
Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:37 am
kennybacon
Special

When I put my order in with spin back in August, they took my payment straight away
Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:07 pm
django
Gangster
Gangster

I sent an email last night and today I also received shipping notification. My card was charged in August. Not Spins' fault if the distributor really did favour Amazon and the big companies, but customer service is obviously lacking a bit.

Wish I had lipstick on my shirt.....
PostPosted:
Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:56 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website