Information Ruby red vinyl

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » General Music   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
bluearmy78
Ska Face
Ska Face

Post subject: Ruby red vinyl Reply with quote

I see on ebay at the moment there is a ruby red vinyl version of Roddys Braggin single. lve looked on the 2tone info site, but there is no mention l can find of it being released in that format. Someone on here with greater knowledge of the releases may well be able to clear this up for me ? I know Gangsters was released on ruby red vinyl, did any of the other singles ever surface in this format ?
Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:00 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Trojan
Too Hot

Post subject: Re: Ruby red vinyl Reply with quote

bluearmy78 wrote:
I see on ebay at the moment there is a ruby red vinyl version of Roddys Braggin single. lve looked on the 2tone info site, but there is no mention l can find of it being released in that format. Someone on here with greater knowledge of the releases may well be able to clear this up for me ? I know Gangsters was released on ruby red vinyl, did any of the other singles ever surface in this format ?

These 'red vinyl' pressing are nothing to do with limited editions and everything to do with the quality of vinyl used during a particular pressing run. There are countless examples of this type of vinyl used on singles and LPs from back in the day.

In short, Gangsters was not officially released in the this format. A number were pressed with sub-standard vinyl , as were 1000's of other singles by other bands. Why people choose to pay such inflated amounts for them I have no idea.

It takes a very strong light source to display the 'ruby' colour. The one on 2-tone.info was held mere centimetres from a lamp shade bulb to get the desired effect.

http://2-tone.info/
PostPosted:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:46 pm
bluearmy78
Ska Face
Ska Face

Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Trojan. I bought lots of vinyl back in the day, but never came across this, unless l just didnt notice. I never recalled these ruby red vinyls for sale at the time, so can see that they never were an official release now.
Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:41 am
Trojan
Too Hot

Post subject: Reply with quote

bluearmy78 wrote:
Thanks for that Trojan. I bought lots of vinyl back in the day, but never came across this, unless l just didnt notice. I never recalled these ruby red vinyls for sale at the time, so can see that they never were an official release now.

The chances are you didn't notice. As mentioned it takes a strong light source to reveal the ruby effect. There is a strong possibility if you select a few random singles from your collection at least one of them will be slightly transparent in some shape or form.

http://2-tone.info/
PostPosted:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:38 pm