Information Madness - Can't Touch Us Now

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Upcoming Events  Goto page 1, 2  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
kennybacon
Special

Post subject: Madness - Can't Touch Us Now Reply with quote

New album from Madness due out 21.10.16

Link below for pre order that includes 'exclusive surprises and treats' and also link for subscribing to email for December tour Very Happy

http://www.madness.co.uk/cant-touch-us-now/

Looking forward to another fine album from Madness, this will be their third album release in the time since The Specials reformed and fell apart again Sad
Wed May 18, 2016 6:19 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
HarryJ185
Gangster
Gangster

Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is pre-ordered. I hope there is a vinyl release too. It would be nice if there were physical releases of any singles - rather than downloads (and expensive promos on ebay...).
PostPosted:
Wed May 18, 2016 10:03 pm
saltyvinegar
Ska Face
Ska Face

Ordered mine. Not sure about the gigs yet as looking like an Arena tour again but Bridlington Spa takes my eye as have a very old static nearby. Will be a bit parky in a caravan in December though ?
Wed May 25, 2016 9:09 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
kennybacon
Special

I booked my tickets today, Manchester. Would of preferred it not to be the arena, have gone for seats close to the stage, getting too old for the crush.

Not sure about pre ordering the CD from them, would be interested to know what the 'treats' are, I would of liked a signed copy, so may hold out to see if it is offered anywhere else
Wed May 25, 2016 3:55 pm
kennybacon
Special

pre ordered the CD from them now, the lure of treats was too much, just hope there is something decent coming Very Happy
Thu May 26, 2016 12:39 pm
poshfangaz
Ska Face
Ska Face

Grew up listening to Madness love em, but i'm a bit tired of the plodding reggae beat, makes the songs very samey.
PostPosted:
Mon May 30, 2016 10:08 pm
npr1uk
Rudie
Rudie

I just hope they don't do what they did with the last two releases. Sell a normal cd and then a few months down the line release one with all the extras on after all the fans had bought the first one.
PostPosted:
Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:00 pm
kennybacon
Special

npr1uk wrote:
I just hope they don't do what they did with the last two releases. Sell a normal cd and then a few months down the line release one with all the extras on after all the fans had bought the first one.

As you say, they have got form for it - so I think it is very likely they will again.
Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:56 pm
pvrakking
Stereotype

Ordered the CD and ordered tickets for the concert on December 6th. Finally after 36 years I will see them Razz
PostPosted:
Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:57 am
Halfy
Special

pvrakking wrote:
Ordered the CD and ordered tickets for the concert on December 6th. Finally after 36 years I will see them Razz

I'm sure it will be worth the wait - Enjoy Wink
Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:35 am
Pledge
Gangster
Gangster

npr1uk wrote:

That's not strictly speaking accurate.

For The Liberty Of Norton Folgate they sold a box set (3 CDs and one vinyl plus special website access) months in advance of the full album.

They later issued a very limited edition CD and DVD version of the album, which
did not contain all the extras.

NB they lost money on the initial box set for Norton Folgate as the company selling it on their behalf went into administration before it was released. The band then honoured all of the pre-orders without any additional costs to the fans and without the fans having to make claims from the administrators (and later the liquidators).

With the Oui Oui album they issued a box set after the normal CD with something like 4 times the amount of material. It retailed at something like 4 times the cost of a standard CD. They were not exactly either or choices for purchase. There may be some some confusion because the original CD edition listed 3 bonus tracks, which were available on all formats and were therefore not really bonus tracks.

I'm really looking forward to the new release. I am certain it will be a big improvement on the single disc version of Oui Oui which was a big let down for me personally. I'd have culled large chunks of the initial Oui Oui release in exchange for several of the tracks only on the 4 disc version. However I know not everyone agrees with my opinion on it.
PostPosted:
Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:16 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
bluearmy78
Ska Face
Ska Face

Saw Madness at Glastonbury last night on TV. Miss Carl,they moved One step beyond to the middle of the set, it didnt have the same impact. A new track called Mr Apples was very catchy, not sure about the title track for the new album, the intro sounded a bit like It must be Love. What on earth were they thinking doing AC/DC High way to hell ?. Chrissy cant sing for toffee ! The cover of Bowies Kooks was very good though.
Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:13 am
Trojan
Too Hot

bluearmy78 wrote:
Saw Madness at Glastonbury last night on TV. Miss Carl,they moved One step beyond to the middle of the set, it didnt have the same impact. A new track called Mr Apples was very catchy, not sure about the title track for the new album, the intro sounded a bit like It must be Love. What on earth were they thinking doing AC/DC High way to hell ?. Chrissy cant sing for toffee ! The cover of Bowies Kooks was very good though.

I only caught the last part of Madness at Glastonbury, so I missed their version of High Way to Hell. I've just looked it up on YoutTube. Did they do it for a bet?

Their cover of Kooks was excellent. They really made the song their own.

http://2-tone.info/
PostPosted:
Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:07 pm
ddub
Ska Face
Ska Face

Think madness lost it a long time ago.I believe if they started their career with what they do now they would not last long.Early albums were great but the longer they go on the worse they seem to get. Sad
Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:15 pm
kennybacon
Special

There is now a limited edition double album available for pre order.

For anyone who ordered the standard CD through Madness (Universal Music Store) you should of received an email giving you a £5 discount code (bringing price down to £20 + £3.95 postage) and details of what you need to do to cancel your original CD order if you want to.

I have done this, but still wondering when all the exclusive free content we were promised is going to start? Confused
Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:23 pm
HarryJ185
Gangster
Gangster

I am pleased with the look of the limited edition release - the usual attention to detail. Will be a nice addition to the collection.
PostPosted:
Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:35 pm
done donald
Ska Face
Ska Face

Happy days - it looks like they've taken the criticism on board regarding a standard release followed by the deluxe 'forcing' fans to pay twice.

It does indeed look very nice. If it's like the Norton and Oui Oui bonus material, then some of the songs will be better than some on the single album release. I think Seven Dials was one of the catchiest numbers they have done since their early days and didn't deserve to be relegated to the bonus material.

Just hope it's not all demo and instrumental versions of the single album...

Jim
Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:45 pm
bluearmy78
Ska Face
Ska Face

Deluxe edition ordered. Looking forward to this.
Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:27 pm
chemode
Too Hot

I have also taken advantage of the discount code and cancelled my original order...... although i did think long and hard about getting both Cool
Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:41 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
pvrakking
Stereotype

chemode wrote:
I have also taken advantage of the discount code and cancelled my original order...... although i did think long and hard about getting both Cool

I more or less asked myself the same question, but I have send the mail for cancellation for the normal CD edition. Perhaps I go for the vinyl version.
If I ever feel the need for the normal CD, I just wait till they are 4.99 at Sainsbury or Tesco
PostPosted:
Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:50 am