Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information Madness - Can't Touch Us Now

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Upcoming Events  Goto page Previous  1, 2 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Trojan
Too Hot

Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the list of problems people have reported with pre-orders I am surprised that punters are so quick to part with their cash.

http://2-tone.info/
PostPosted:
Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:21 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
kennybacon
Special

Trojan wrote:
Given the list of problems people have reported with pre-orders I am surprised that punters are so quick to part with their cash.

Its case of not missing the boat with me and getting drawn in by bonus material for pre ordering, hopefully it will be released on time.

Although I have been a critic of some of the stuff that has gone on with pledge releases (not that this is one of them) I recently ordered the new album by Chris Hope & The Chords UK, album due out in September, digital download was released a couple of weeks ago for everyone who pledged and at the weekend received an email offering free entry to the launch gig, which I thought was a nice way of thanking those who pledged - just a shame its a bit too far to travel for me, but good for those living around London and can make it.
Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:45 pm
Trojan
Too Hot

kennybacon wrote:
Trojan wrote:

Its case of not missing the boat with me and getting drawn in by bonus material for pre ordering, hopefully it will be released on time.

I would have thought in this age of such low physical sales the chances of the missing out on the releases which include all the bells and whistles would have been very slim.

http://2-tone.info/
PostPosted:
Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:48 pm
kennybacon
Special

Trojan wrote:
kennybacon wrote:
Trojan wrote:

I would have thought in this age of such low physical sales the chances of the missing out on the releases which include all the bells and whistles would have been very slim.

True, but if you leave it until it is released and stock is low (in the case of the limited edition) you tend to see the price rising sometimes to double the initial price of pre ordering. And because it is something I want, there isn't much point in hanging on and missing out on free bonus material for pre ordering.
The new Lee Thompson Ska Orchestra album is out on the 26th of this month, I will be buying that but haven't pre ordered as there has been no incentive offered for pre ordering - except for paying £25 for a launch gig ticket with a signed copy included - but as I couldn't get to the gig without it costing me a small fortune in travel and stop over, it wasn't for me.
Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:11 am
chemode
Too Hot

pvrakking wrote:
chemode wrote:
I have also taken advantage of the discount code and cancelled my original order...... although i did think long and hard about getting both Cool

I more or less asked myself the same question, but I have send the mail for cancellation for the normal CD edition. Perhaps I go for the vinyl version.
If I ever feel the need for the normal CD, I just wait till they are 4.99 at Sainsbury or Tesco

That is a very sensible suggestion my friend. Cool
Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:49 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
chemode
Too Hot

kennybacon wrote:
Trojan wrote:
kennybacon wrote:
Trojan wrote:

True, but if you leave it until it is released and stock is low (in the case of the limited edition) you tend to see the price rising sometimes to double the initial price of pre ordering. And because it is something I want, there isn't much point in hanging on and missing out on free bonus material for pre ordering.
The new Lee Thompson Ska Orchestra album is out on the 26th of this month, I will be buying that but haven't pre ordered as there has been no incentive offered for pre ordering - except for paying £25 for a launch gig ticket with a signed copy included - but as I couldn't get to the gig without it costing me a small fortune in travel and stop over, it wasn't for me.

I am going to the launch gig and will be looking forward ti getting my signed cd. I just hope its as good as the last CD as that truly was one of my favourite releases in the last few years. And luckily for me its only a train journey to the big smoke. Cool
Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:51 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger