Information BREXIT

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » General Chat  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
the-ska-knight
Too Hot

Post subject: Reply with quote

kev wrote:
I can't understand all this talk of 'Little Englanders'? What is a 'Little Englander? Is it a racist who bangs on about how things were "better in the old days" (60's and 70's) Bangs on about the 1966 World Cup. Eats Pie and Mash and Curry (oi Gungadin 'annuver pint of lager and a popadom over 'ere). Say's things like "'ee's Black, but 'ee's alright, 'ee's like one of us" Has a 'skin'ead' and wears 'bovver boots'? (and of course votes UKIP, NF or EDL). This was a DEMOCRATIC vote for ALL people who can vote in the country. What in effect you are saying is that you are not comfortable, or rather cannot accept that. Do you include people with black and asian skin colour who voted BREXIT in your 'Little Englander' label. I ask again, what is a 'Little Englander'? Please, someone enlighten me because I am at a loss with that term.

UKIP.
PostPosted:
Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:32 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
chemode
Too Hot

Paul Willo wrote:
fucking idiots.

Fucking with my kids future.

Some of those "fucking idiots" may have voted out for yours AND their kids to have a fucking future.......

I guess I'll be banned now. . . . . . Cool
Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:06 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
kev
Ska Face
Ska Face

So we should then have in this instance 'Little Welshers' then shouldn't we. Seems a bit racist against the English if you ask me.
PostPosted:
Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:17 pm
kev
Ska Face
Ska Face

Trojan wrote:
Little Englander:

noun

a person who opposes an international role or policy for England (or, in practice, for Britain).

So we should then have in this instance 'Little Welshers' then shouldn't we? Seems a bit racist against the English if you ask me
PostPosted:
Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:19 pm
kev
Ska Face
Ska Face

the-ska-knight wrote:
kev wrote:
I can't understand all this talk of 'Little Englanders'? What is a 'Little Englander? Is it a racist who bangs on about how things were "better in the old days" (60's and 70's) Bangs on about the 1966 World Cup. Eats Pie and Mash and Curry (oi Gungadin 'annuver pint of lager and a popadom over 'ere). Say's things like "'ee's Black, but 'ee's alright, 'ee's like one of us" Has a 'skin'ead' and wears 'bovver boots'? (and of course votes UKIP, NF or EDL). This was a DEMOCRATIC vote for ALL people who can vote in the country. What in effect you are saying is that you are not comfortable, or rather cannot accept that. Do you include people with black and asian skin colour who voted BREXIT in your 'Little Englander' label. I ask again, what is a 'Little Englander'? Please, someone enlighten me because I am at a loss with that term.

UKIP.

Not at all. I'm an East End Jew and married to a Muslim so I suppose I score a 10 on the 'cool and groovy I'm so street scale' See how quick people are to judge and they get it completely wrong. Absolutely shameful.
PostPosted:
Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:23 pm
kev
Ska Face
Ska Face

kev wrote:
the-ska-knight wrote:
kev wrote:

UKIP.

Not at all. I'm an East End Jew and married to a Muslim so I suppose I score a 10 on the 'cool and groovy I'm so street scale' See how quick people are to judge and they get it completely wrong. Absolutely shameful.

Apologies, I read your response as suggesting I was UKIP, but you may have been using UKIP to describe a 'Little Englander' I can relate to that. My mistake. Again apologies.
PostPosted:
Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:34 pm
the-ska-knight
Too Hot

kev wrote:
kev wrote:
the-ska-knight wrote:
kev wrote:

UKIP.

Apologies, I read your response as suggesting I was UKIP, but you may have been using UKIP to describe a 'Little Englander' I can relate to that. My mistake. Again apologies.

No apology required. The point I was making was that little Englanders are largely gonna be fucking Kippers. It wasn't 100% clear.
PostPosted:
Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:06 pm
kev
Ska Face
Ska Face

the-ska-knight wrote:
kev wrote:
kev wrote:
the-ska-knight wrote:
kev wrote:

UKIP.

No apology required. The point I was making was that little Englanders are largely gonna be fucking Kippers. It wasn't 100% clear.

Yep....I think your point is right. The problem is, the UKIP venom has seemed to poison (or attempt to poison) both sides. I knew when I voted 'leave' that somehow I would be branded in some way. I respect the remain voters because at least they got out and voted. It can't go both ways and the way it went was based on democracy. What I agree mustn't come of this (well, its beyond my control other than casting my vote) is that something like UKIP slip through the back door. A lot of the leave voters are intelligent hard working well balanced people I imagine, as are a lot of the remain voters. I can only speak for myself really, but I look at the big picture, put my x in the box for what I believe in (not a little england, but a country of people that will be dominated a bit less and hopefully will have more of a say (lets face it, we had absolutely none, regardless of political party....remember Blair). Ironically, just before I came on here I saw another topic 'the English Beat' and ask, why the need for the word English? I don't think there will be an answer that satisfies every one but the one thing that is certain is that forums like this can let people have a healthy, if spirited debate with no hard feelings (and if people do take it personally I would suggest that they might be suited on another forum). All the Best
PostPosted:
Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:50 pm
kennybacon
Special

kev wrote:
[Ironically, just before I came on here I saw another topic 'the English Beat' and ask, why the need for the word English? I don't think there will be an answer that satisfies every one but the one thing that is certain is that forums like this can let people have a healthy, if spirited debate with no hard feelings (and if people do take it personally I would suggest that they might be suited on another forum). All the Best

The English Beat was the name used by The Beat in America, as they couldn't use name The Beat over there, as an American band already had it.

It just identified them in the states as The Beat (from England) nothing more to it than that as far as I know.
Obviously now it identifies it as Dave Wakelings branch of The Beat, as opposed to Ranking Roger who still uses The Beat name, and not to be confused with Everett Mortons 'The Beat Goes Bang'
and of course there was The Special Beat once upon a time.
Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:34 pm
Trojan
Too Hot

kennybacon wrote:
kev wrote:
[Ironically, just before I came on here I saw another topic 'the English Beat' and ask, why the need for the word English? I don't think there will be an answer that satisfies every one but the one thing that is certain is that forums like this can let people have a healthy, if spirited debate with no hard feelings (and if people do take it personally I would suggest that they might be suited on another forum). All the Best

The English Beat was the name used by The Beat in America, as they couldn't use name The Beat over there, as an American band already had it.

It just identified them in the states as The Beat (from England) nothing more to it than that as far as I know.
Obviously now it identifies it as Dave Wakelings branch of The Beat, as opposed to Ranking Roger who still uses The Beat name, and not to be confused with Everett Mortons 'The Beat Goes Bang'

And just to add a little more into the mix they were called The British Beat in Australia.

http://2-tone.info/
PostPosted:
Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:43 am
Sugarman
Too Hot

Trojan wrote:
kennybacon wrote:
kev wrote:

And just to add a little more into the mix they were called The British Beat in Australia.

I have I Just Can't Stop It and a few 7" singles by The British Beat I picked up through the years Smile

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/EJwAAOSwEK9Tw8B8/$_12.JPG
Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:09 pm
kev
Ska Face
Ska Face

kennybacon wrote:
kev wrote:

Thanks for that. I knew them as the Beat but obviously they needed to change their name for other markets. Thanks again
PostPosted:
Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:33 pm
kev
Ska Face
Ska Face

Sugarman wrote:
Trojan wrote:
kennybacon wrote:
kev wrote:

I have I Just Can't Stop It and a few 7" singles by The British Beat I picked up through the years Smile

Thanks. Wow, so they now have 3 names...!!! Thankfully the Specials are still called
The Specials. Thanks again.
PostPosted:
Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:35 pm
kennybacon
Special

kev wrote:
Sugarman wrote:
Trojan wrote:
kennybacon wrote:
kev wrote:

Thanks. Wow, so they now have 3 names...!!! Thankfully the Specials are still called
The Specials. Thanks again.

The Special AKA, The Spatial AKA and of course The Special Beat, all part of the family tree of what was once The Coventry Automatics

Another point, was there a particular reason why Gangsters was The Special AKA, A Message To You Rudi was The Specials then back to AKA for Too Much Too Young EP?
I can understand reverting back to AKA once the funboy 3 was formed as it was a practically a new line up - but not the swapping in the early days
Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:44 pm
Sugarman
Too Hot

The Fun Boy Three dropped (The) for the 2nd part of there career on the Sleeve Artwork only? Confused

And The Colour Field changed to The Colourfield

The Specials changing to The Special AKA came in handy for Jerry when the original band split up in 1981 Smile
Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:37 pm
Trojan
Too Hot

kennybacon wrote:

Another point, was there a particular reason why Gangsters was The Special AKA, A Message To You Rudi was The Specials then back to AKA for Too Much Too Young EP?
I can understand reverting back to AKA once the funboy 3 was formed as it was a practically a new line up - but not the swapping in the early days

The Special AKA for the sleeve of Too Much Too Young, but The Specials on the label of the release. All clear as mud............ Confused

PostPosted:
Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:11 am
kennybacon
Special

Trojan wrote:
kennybacon wrote:

The Special AKA for the sleeve of Too Much Too Young, but The Specials on the label of the release. All clear as mud............ Confused

I never noticed the name on the label, thanks Trojan.
Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:22 am
HarryJ185
Gangster
Gangster

We also had The X Specials for one cd single - I preferred that as it distinguished them from the original band, even though the name did not last.

Never knew there were releases with British Beat - more releases to add to my wanted list.
PostPosted:
Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:45 am
Trojan
Too Hot

Now that we have enlightened and confused in equal measures about the name of the band can someone who voted Leave please give a logic and rational reason why they did so? I have heard countless people say it was to reduce the number of immigrants. Now the dust has settled the Leave camp are back tracking on that one at a shocking rate. So what were the reasons?

PostPosted:
Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:21 pm
kennybacon
Special

HarryJ185 wrote:
We also had The X Specials for one cd single - I preferred that as it distinguished them from the original band, even though the name did not last.

What is this Harry? I've not heard of this before Surprised
Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:04 pm