Information 7" Two Tone Treasures CD ?

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » Roddy "Radiation" Byers   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
bluearmy78
Ska Face
Ska Face

Post subject: 7" Two Tone Treasures CD ? Reply with quote

Ive been watching a listing on Ebay for a Promo CD of the 7" single box set. Does anyone know if its the real deal or a fake ? I havent heard of a promo cd of the singles box set before. It has the 2 tone and Chrysalis records logos on each disc, and a paper picture sleeve of the box cover. Just wonder if anyone knows anything or has any thoughts on it ? (Apologies for not tagging the item on here, lm not the greatest at linking pages).
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:35 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Trojan
Too Hot

Post subject: Re: 7" Two Tone Treasures CD ? Reply with quote

bluearmy78 wrote:
Ive been watching a listing on Ebay for a Promo CD of the 7" single box set. Does anyone know if its the real deal or a fake ? I havent heard of a promo cd of the singles box set before. It has the 2 tone and Chrysalis records logos on each disc, and a paper picture sleeve of the box cover. Just wonder if anyone knows anything or has any thoughts on it ? (Apologies for not tagging the item on here, lm not the greatest at linking pages).

It's real. The last copy went for nearly £90. Why anyone would pay that amount for it is a mystery.

http://2-tone.info/
PostPosted:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:15 pm
HarryJ185
Gangster
Gangster

Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine that the law of diminishing returns will be in effect here, if they keep coming up - this is quite soon after the first one. There are 5 bidders on this one so far and it is up to £22 with two days to go - mind you, that is already more than I would be willing to pay.
PostPosted:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:51 pm
bluearmy78
Ska Face
Ska Face

Ah, thanks for the info. Agreed why anyone would spend that on it is beyond me. Although lm in for the new cd box set of albums when they come out. Supposed to be limited and around £32. Yes l have most, but want the original Dance Craze on cd and the Rico Jama cd , as its the first time on cd. The rest are pretty standard. l just wonder how much they will be knocked out for on Ebay depending how limited it really is. As a footnote, I dont think Trojan is going to be impressed that most of the albums in the box set are going to be released for the billionth time !!!!
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:01 am
Trojan
Too Hot

bluearmy78 wrote:
Ah, thanks for the info. Agreed why anyone would spend that on it is beyond me. Although lm in for the new cd box set of albums when they come out. Supposed to be limited and around £32. Yes l have most, but want the original Dance Craze on cd and the Rico Jama cd , as its the first time on cd. The rest are pretty standard. l just wonder how much they will be knocked out for on Ebay depending how limited it really is. As a footnote, I dont think Trojan is going to be impressed that most of the albums in the box set are going to be released for the billionth time !!!!

The UK version of Dance Craze has been released on CD before, but appears to have been deleted soon afterwards. Could be down to those Madness copyright reason that were noted on the US version. Who knows?

[/list]

http://www.madsounds.co.uk/2%20Tone/TT5004%20DANCE%20CRAZE%20VARIOUS.htm

That price is wrong on the box set. I suppose there might be something worth reading in the booklet which comes with album box set.......

PostPosted:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:11 pm
HarryJ185
Gangster
Gangster

bluearmy78 wrote:

The 40th anniversary cd boxset is available now for pre-order on the Two Tone official store - for £40 - and you can get a T-shirt too.
PostPosted:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:53 pm
kennybacon
Special

The albums box set can be pre ordered here https://twotone.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=65434 from tomorrow.

Shame they aren't doing individual releases, I would be in for Dance Craze and the Rico albums.

I got told by the merch person at a Selecter gig last year (Pauline Black was stood next to her and agreed) that Too Much Pressure was getting re-mastered and re released this year, so there may be another release coming along.
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:30 pm
Trojan
Too Hot

kennybacon wrote:
The albums box set can be pre ordered here https://twotone.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=65434 from tomorrow.

Shame they aren't doing individual releases, I would be in for Dance Craze and the Rico albums.

I got told by the merch person at a Selecter gig last year (Pauline Black was stood next to her and agreed) that Too Much Pressure was getting re-mastered and re released this year, so there may be another release coming along.

I know the band, and Pauline in particular, were not happy with the sound of Too Much Pressure but I think it's just great as it is. When you listen to live recordings of those tracks the album catches the sound and essence of the band perfectly, certainly to a greater degree than 'Specials' does.

For me these are the best versions of the tracks on 'Specials'

PostPosted:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:49 pm
bluearmy78
Ska Face
Ska Face

Thanks for the info Trojan. Never knew Dance Craze was briefly released in its original format on CD. l have the US version on CD, with the tracks omitted ,and the original vinyl of course,including the poster still(although it was on my bedroom wall for years when l was a kid,so its not in the best nick). Agreed the Paradiso Amsterdam bootleg is The Specials at their raw best. Sorry though Trojan, Ive ordered the box set.........God knows how many times l have those other albums and cds now though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:06 am