Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information Jerry, Nev, Neol, Pauline new 2-Tone doc

Post new topic Reply to topic
TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » The Specials   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Harry
Too Hot


Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Posts: 1904
Location: London

Post subject: Jerry, Nev, Neol, Pauline new 2-Tone doc Reply with quote

On BBC One TV Regional 8pm 30th Sept 2021 (and wider broadcast later).
_________________
I got one art O'level it did nothing for me
PostPosted:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:03 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
kennybacon
Special


Joined: 04 May 2009
Posts: 968
Location: Barrow

Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Harry, that's one to watch Very Happy
_________________
Bernie Rhodes Knows - Dont Argue
PostPosted:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:45 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
kennybacon
Special


Joined: 04 May 2009
Posts: 968
Location: Barrow

Post subject: Reply with quote

Did this programme air?

Just looked at some of the regional schedules for 30.09.21 and all I can see I 'Shop Well For Less' being on at 8pm
_________________
Bernie Rhodes Knows - Dont Argue
PostPosted:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:19 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
kennybacon
Special


Joined: 04 May 2009
Posts: 968
Location: Barrow

Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it, its called 2 Tone: The Sound Of Coventry, was on BBC West Midlands - but can be found on the BBC Iplayer

Will watch that later Very Happy
_________________
Bernie Rhodes Knows - Dont Argue
PostPosted:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:23 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Trojan
Too Hot


Joined: 25 Aug 2002
Posts: 2560
Location: Area 3

Post subject: Reply with quote

kennybacon wrote:
Found it, its called 2 Tone: The Sound Of Coventry, was on BBC West Midlands - but can be found on the BBC Iplayer

Will watch that later Very Happy


It's very good. Jerry Dammers is the focal point of the whole programme. And rightly so.
_________________
Richard Eddington is innocent.

http://2-tone.info/
PostPosted:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:26 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
kennybacon
Special


Joined: 04 May 2009
Posts: 968
Location: Barrow

Post subject: Reply with quote

Trojan wrote:
kennybacon wrote:
Found it, its called 2 Tone: The Sound Of Coventry, was on BBC West Midlands - but can be found on the BBC Iplayer

Will watch that later Very Happy


It's very good. Jerry Dammers is the focal point of the whole programme. And rightly so.


Agreed - it is very good
_________________
Bernie Rhodes Knows - Dont Argue
PostPosted:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:37 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Harry
Too Hot


Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Posts: 1904
Location: London

Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE_cpmiZaic
_________________
I got one art O'level it did nothing for me
PostPosted:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:44 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Imani
Too Hot


Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 1968
Location: Bradford

Post subject: Reply with quote

It was good as an introduction to it all - but Rico wasn't mentioned at all, nor Dick. A mistake on the part of the programme makers.
PostPosted:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:42 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Harry
Too Hot


Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Posts: 1904
Location: London

Post subject: Reply with quote

Imani wrote:
It was good as an introduction to it all - but Rico wasn't mentioned at all, nor Dick. A mistake on the part of the programme makers.


Fair point. Lynval wasn't mentioned much either. Maybe they could have played a clip of Do Nothing and talked about both Lynval and Rico's contribution.
But I thought it was great.
I was sad to hear that the drummer of The Beat died last night.
_________________
I got one art O'level it did nothing for me
PostPosted:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:10 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Imani
Too Hot


Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 1968
Location: Bradford

Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry wrote:
Imani wrote:
It was good as an introduction to it all - but Rico wasn't mentioned at all, nor Dick. A mistake on the part of the programme makers.


Fair point. Lynval wasn't mentioned much either. Maybe they could have played a clip of Do Nothing and talked about both Lynval and Rico's contribution.
But I thought it was great.
I was sad to hear that the drummer of The Beat died last night.


Saddened to hear of Everett's death. He was at the heart of The Beat's sound. Tunes such as Twist and Crawl and Mirror In The Bathroom sound like they do because of Everett's drumming. Especially love how he plays on the first album, and the clips on Dance Craze. I actually saw The Beat on this date in 1982.

Regarding the documentary, it was nice to hear Neol Davies' take on things, as he's rarely interviewed. I've a feeling they purposely kept the timeline to the lifespan of the 2 Tone label. Post-Special AKA projects would have had to broach the messy reunion.
PostPosted:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:04 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
kennybacon
Special


Joined: 04 May 2009
Posts: 968
Location: Barrow

Post subject: Reply with quote

R.I.P Everett Morton, sad news
_________________
Bernie Rhodes Knows - Dont Argue
PostPosted:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:36 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT
Post new topic Reply to topic
TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » The Specials  

Jump to:  
Key
  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Community powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group :: Theme & Graphics by Daz